Reserved my "name"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocklone Miniature Horses

past member -I gotta get a life...
Reaction score
I got my first real wins this weekend showing and now have two lovely shields in my home. All the previous winners have their farm names on them and I feel the time is right to get my name. I wanted to wait until I had a foal on the ground cause it's almost pointless having a name with no progeny but I'm sure I'll have one next year and I want a name on the shield

It's nothing amazing (I'm not that creative!) but I'll let you all know when it's bought.

What are all your yard/stud names?

Congratulations on your success over the weekend
default_smile.png

I have stalled on actually naming our property as when we thought about names, the original one we came up with was after our nieces. Since then there are now two more nieces and we just couldn't leave them out so have now decided against the original choice.

I don't show my minis , so happy to wait for a little while whilst we complete the rest of the property. House has just been completed , now for the rest of the property. Want to redo all the paddocks and get all the trees in on the back 6 acres.

best of luck finding the name you like, you will know the right one when it comes along
default_smile.png

Congratulations again on your success
default_thumbup.gif

Get creative and come up with something unique.In 1961 I began raising German Shepherds.I needed a kennel prefix name to be registered with AKC for all the puppies born on my property.I lived in an area called Chestnut Knoll Acres..I tired reversing my name DUGAN at the time which became NAGUD(didn't like that) I took the KNOLL from 1 word and added AC from another word and my kennel name became KNOLLAC. I raised many German Shepherds with that prefix and later Pembroke Welsh Corgis.When I started raising Miniature Horses I used the same prefix and my farm where I now live is KNOLLAC FARM. I like the idea of a farm or kennel prefix especially when doing pedigree research as it gives me a point of recognition when a name pops up. Most registries will have a place where you can register your prefix(for a fee) and no one else can use it. KNOLLAC is registered with AKC,AMHA and AMHR. Have fun getting a name.

mine as you know is Celticmist , the Celtic part is to reflect Patricks Irish heritage and Mist is because where I come from in the UK it has ground mist most mornings ,

we used to breed Bengals so we also own another prefix .... Supaspot ( my name on some forums) , it comes from SUe PAt and the SPOT s on the cats

Mine is a mix of my home name and my area name. The one I wanted (my full home name) was taken but this is a good close second. Not sure what the protocol is - do they send you a certificate or what? I don't want to revial it until I have it in writing so to speak lol

Ps sue I love your name celticmist. It's very good !

We were going to go with Small by Design, but I liked Magic Marker. We are making all different kinds of magic color in our minis. Our Nigerian Dwarfs are Kaotic Acres because with goats it can be crazy around our farm.

Our farm is On Target Miniatures LLC and registered with our state as such. Named after my big horse "Target" who I owned from 1994 until he died in 2011. Our prefix "OTM" is registered with AMHA and AMHR so our few foals are registered with that prefix.

My horse business is registered with my town and state's commercial recording division as "Ponies, INC." But I run it out of my husband's farm "BZB Farm LLC" as it has been since 1970. So most of my foals have BZB in their registered names. I used to run a program at a local farm and used their prefix htf for Highland Thistle Farm but when I moved to my own property I felt I needed my own name. It happened by accident, I used to draw a schedule for workouts and turnouts on the board in the tackroom for the students. I would write instructions like "water all horses" and they would always ask "ponies/minis too? Or just the big horses? So I started writing "ponies included" on the board, that got shortened to inc. As a joke, boarders started calling the farm "ponies incorporated" and teased that it was too serious sounding. With the amount of horses, clients and students on the property, it seemed fitting so we reserved the name and it stuck. Congrats on your wins!

It took about 5 years to come up with my property name and when it suddenly came to me it was obvious.

DANISSY ...after the 2 ponies I had when I was a kid over half a century ago. Sissy and Danny.,,,,,DANISSY

Back