Rescued puppy saga

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilhorseladie

Reaction score
Well I have given one away and another has been paid for and is being held. The "sick" one continues to act funny. On wednesday, the lady that had them stopped in to see them and asked how the sick one was. She said, she forgot to tell me it was sick (yeah right). Anyway, it had been sick for two weeks. So I got in to a vet, who deduced that he had a 103.5 fever and probably that was causing the ceasures...which means he has probably had this fever and also anemia for about three weeks now. He is on medication, but the vet was unsure if there was permanent damage due to the fever or not. He is acting better today, but it cost me $93 dollars! ugh! I love to help animals, but I just don't have extra cash like that laying around! Hopefully people will buy them for 10 dollars and that will pay almost half of the vet bill!

If you had been making these posts before I got Maggie or before I got Kelsey, I am sure I'd be finding out how much it costs to ship a puppy from you to me, and if I was within driving distance, I'd be getting yet another dog. I couldn't resist, I know. They are beautiful.

You know first off good for you for the rescue.

I do rescue and am always behind on $$$.

Hard to believe that you could only sell them for $10.

Up here, I could sell all those pups for $300 easily and then you would have lots of money to put back in the kitty to help more animals.

I have been helping a lady with a trialer full of cats and I asked for a donation for the kittens I rehomed and gave the lady the money to have some of her cats neutered/spayed so it worked out well, of course it still ended up costing me $$$ because, like you one of the kitties needed vet care, agh......

I hope someone generous helps you with a kind donation to help you out!!

You are doing a great job with those pups.

Back