Rescued Great Dane pup

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sixstardanes

Reaction score
I have permission to crosspost this from the author/vet who rescued and is treating this puppy she calls Petie.

As of today his boo boo is MUCH better (you'll see what his owwie was below)

One side is fully healed the other side has a dime sized area that needed to be resutured.

He has been neutered today and is available for adoption.

Now onto Petie

*warning - not for the faint of heart!*

~~~~~~

"I want to introduce you all to little Petie.

Petie is a 6 month old Dane pup who was turned over to me about a week ago. (2 weeks from this original post)

His former owner's called and said that they knew I rescued Danes, and could I please take him in!

They were moving and.....blah, blah, blah! Well, as many of you have figured out, I am completely incapable of saying no b/c what if no one else took him and he got thrown out or into a breeder home, or bait in dog fighting, etc.

Here he is...

petie.jpg

SO.....they bring him to my office and when they are signing him over, mention that he has a small cut on his "privates" that they had been treating with antibiotics for a couple of weeks.

Well, I began to look at him and saw blood dripping from his prepuce.

His gums were absolutely white and his skin was cool to the touch despite the 96 degree day.

I ran some bloodwork and found that his Packed cell volume was 8% (or in other words, he had lost 3/4 of his total blood volume). I proceeded to Check out the small cut, and THIS is what I found........

petiesbooboo.jpg

Can you believe that! I don't even want to THINK about how this happened!

It literally looked like someone tried to cut it off!!!!!"

Petie is located in Alamba.

If anyone wants further info on this puppy just holler.

OMG...I used to raise Danes and show them. How could someone do this to a pup? IDIOTS, that is what they should do to them
default_no.gif
I think that Charlene was looking for a Dane puppy to love. Maybe she would want to adopt him?
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG
crying.gif
crying.gif
crying.gif

I just cannot imagine how anyone could let that happen to him, or not rush him to the hospital if it somehow did
sickie.gif
sickie.gif
sickie.gif

Thank God he is now in loving hands. That poor baby has been through enough hard times to last him forever!

Last edited by a moderator:
default_new_shocked.gif
Holy Cow!!!! those people should have that done to them. even if they really dont know how it happened, how could they let it go on????? OMG, the poor guy must have been is so much pain. I am happy he is with a loving foster/vet now. the poor guy!

OMG...poor baby!!
default_no.gif
Can you report them? What a horrible thing to have happened to that sweet baby

not to be stupid, but is his 'pink thing' chewed in half??????

I hope he gets better fast and all his parts work as designed.
default_new_shocked.gif

default_torch.gif
that's what I would do to them!!!!

all I can say is OUCH. this is my pet peeve stupid idiots doing stupid things like that

to animals.

makes me sooo ANGRY!!!!!!! :arg!
default_new_let_it_all_out.gif

Yes, that is the puppy's male organ.

Luckily the urethrea was intact so the vet was able to suture and resuture and resuture it closed and it has been healing very well so he didn't end up being a Bobbit.

Charlene I'll get back to you with more info later.

for how mangled it looked, it's amazing it could be "put" back together. great news!

holler when you can.
default_wink.png

Poor guy! I'm sure glad he found a good place. That probably would've killed him eventually if it wasn't taken care of.

I wonder if they were using that pup for.... *tries to phrase things delicately* ..... sordid "entertainment." You gotta wonder what the heck is wrong with people. I am so glad he has you!

default_aktion033.gif

OMG, poor little guy. People make me sick, how in the world could anyone let an animal just sit around with that kind of injury. Totally sick.

I wonder if they were using that pup for.... *tries to phrase things delicately* ..... sordid "entertainment." You gotta wonder what the heck is wrong with people. I am so glad he has you!
default_aktion033.gif
I thought the same thing.
default_new_shocked.gif
HOW could an injury to a part a dog normaly hides pretty well happen??? I have a big boy, who has been neutered since a small pup, and there have been times I thought he was EATING his part. So gross, but of course he was not. Maybe this pup did something similar? Or something crawled up there? I am one of those people that worries and thinks about stuff till I know the reason.

Please post updates and let us know when this sweet boy gets his forever home.

It says a lot for the temperament of Petie that he could still be so loveable towards people after that injury, so glad to hear he is getting better. How anyone could do that to a living creature is beyond me and if it happened through no fault of theirs then how could they not take him to a vet. :arg!

Yvonne

How horrible! I am thinking that he was used for baiting pit bulls.

Robin

my guess would be that the puppy did the damage himself. I know of a case were a young male dog had an erection that did not "go away" his penis was exposed and I guess began to dry and get irratitated. the pup had already done some damage chewing at it by the time the owners noticed. ( not to the extent this poor boy had)

The shocking part with this Dane pup is the owners were trying to treat it themselves!

But you know, folks dont have to take a test to own a pet! ( I wish they did) Doing rescue work, I see stupid stuff on a regular basis.

That is horrible, that poor puppy! I hope you reported this to some agengy - humane-law enforcement --that is just so wrong. I just dont get it, the sad part is if they didnt want the puppy all they had to do was take it to a humane agency or refuge league, they didnt have to torment and almost kill the poor boy. Shows you how bad parts of society can be.

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Latest posts

Back