Rescued Arabian Mare UPDATE III

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mininik

Reaction score
Here's a link to pictures of Norah from our first day together: http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.ph...52&hl=norah

Here's Norah now, after a bath and having some fun, about four months later...

P1013282.jpg

P1013286.jpg

P1013287.jpg

P1013289.jpg

P1013288.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
She is looking good and seems very happy with you!!! What is her story? I have a soon to be 31 year old rescue arabian mare in my barn that I have had for 4 years now. She didn't fare well during our long and horrendous winter last year and I have only managed to get her weight back-up partially so in the next few weeks I will be having to make a very difficult decision
default_no.gif

How old is you mare? Is she able to be ridden? I have a very soft spot for Arabians. It has to be one of the most misunderstood breeds unless you own one and see how loving and loyal they truly are. Truly my favorite breed.

If you do a search for "Norah" here on the forum my previous posts and pictures still come up. When Norah arrived, she was skin and bones and barely wanted to walk, or even lift her head. I very much doubt she could have made it through the winter in the condition she was in. She has since gained most of her weight back and actually has some muscle tone now. Every evening when I go out to give her dinner she whinnies for me and comes racing in when I call her name. She's ridable, but I only get on her every now and then, bareback, with a halter. She's supposed to be 22, but her past is mostly unknown. I know she changed hands at least a few times before me starting with an owner who died of cancer and left behind a herd of Arabians. I paid $100. to get her out of the place she was at and never got an excuse for her prior condition other than her age, which is no excuse at all. I'm hoping I can help her make up for some lost time...

Best wishes with your Arabian. They are truly special horses.

I believe the phrase "Diamond In The Rough" is very fitting for her
default_wub.png

Pretty pretty pretty.....

Awww Nik! She's looking really good. She's such a pretty girl and from the looks of it I'll bet she has a heart of gold. Thanks for the smiles tonight. Good luck with her and do continue to keep us posted. I can't get over how happy she looks!

Norah is really looking good! God bless you for rescuing her!

Robin

I love the last photo. You are doing a great job, she looks very sweet, she must be so happy to have found you
default_wub.png

Ok, anyone can look at the first pic and the other one from the side view and tell that that horse is SMILING!! She is sure getting there and it is obvious that she feels better and actually feels like being a little silly!!!

Awwwwww! Nicole! GOOD JOB! She's really looking great. Keep up the good work and the updates.

Carol

Wow - she looks awesome!!!! What a sweetheart - she looks like such a nice mare!!!!!

I'm very happy for you!

Liz R.

Aw, she looks beautiful and so happy!

Thank you, mininik, for giving her this gift...

Liz

Wow she is really coming along!! Such a pretty girl shes lucky to have found you.

Keep us updated
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back