Rescued Arabian Mare UPDATE II

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mininik

Reaction score
She's gone from this, day one:

P1012947.jpg

...to this, after one month:

P1012989.jpg

...to this, after two months:

P1013130.jpg

P1013133.jpg

P1013134.jpg

She's still filling out, gaining muscle and energy, and the sparkle in her eyes is obvious. She absolutely loves her daily mash of EquiScience GoldenEra Senior feed, Weight Builder and beet pulp. She also really enjoys going for quick jonts with me like this every once in a while:

P1013152.jpg

She's lucky to have you Nicole! I love the last picture.

Carol

Thanks, Carol, Jill and Leeana.
default_smile.png
That last photo wasn't planned, but I also really like it except my toes. I had someone snap a few pics. of me riding real quick so I could confirm my need for lessons. Once she's fit, Norah needs them, too.
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that is a great picture of you on her!

But, reading what you said just now, I remember when I first started to video tape myself riding so I could learn and get better. I was surprised the first tape I watched to find I didn't look even half as cool as I had imagined
default_laugh.png

LOL Jill, isn't that funny?! I could tell she traveled hollow with her head up, but I saw those pics. and thought Yikes! Then I looked at me and was like, Oh. My. God. I mean, with her condition being what it is we don't go for more than a few minutes, mainly walking and some light trotting with nothing on her but a rope halter and me in my sandals and shorts, but still...
default_wacko.png
I'm pretty sure neither one of us has ever learned to ride correctly!

I like doing these posts because it's nice to know that others are seeing some improvement, too, and it's not just me imagining it.

Thanks, Carol, Jill and Leeana.
default_smile.png
That last photo wasn't planned, but I also really like it except my toes. I had someone snap a few pics. of me riding real quick so I could confirm my need for lessons. Once she's fit, Norah needs them, too.
default_wink.png
OH GEEZ NICOLE!

[SIZE=14pt]YOUR TOES??????? OY!!![/SIZE]

Who cares????? I never saw the toes. You aren't in some equitation class! Enjoy yourself and don't worry about where her head is or where your toes are. Don't let it become where you can't just go out and have fun. Leave that to the jaded people like me who have to be totally serious about everything they do on ones back.
default_wink.png
I can tell you I wish I could go back to the times I rode on the beach or in the lake.

HAVE FUN AND ENJOY HER!

default_laugh.png
I know, I know. LOL But honestly, my lifelong dream has always been to be one of you jaded Ay-rab people who don't do anything less than perfect, showing at Scottsdale, and Buckeye and the US and Canadian Nationals and...
default_wink.png

I just love Norah to bits, and I don't expect anything near perfection out of either of us, but I admit that I climb on her and can't help day dreaming that she's royaly bred and we're professionally trained and only taking a break from training for the next big show.
default_wub.png

Winning and being "perfect" is great but awful at the same time. You have no where to go but down!
default_laugh.png
I don't like down. Stay uncomplicated and have the fun. I can send you plenty of videos of Scottsdale, Nationals, and the Buckeye (a favorite of mine) and yes, our yearly treck to Regina! (way to much fun......after 48 hours in the dually and about to die,LOL) So much fun......but soooooooo much pressure. Where is that David Bowie song. I wanna to go out for a ride in a halter and a leadrope!!!!!!! With my toes out even......in sandals and shorts........
default_mlala.gif
Just hug that beautiful girl and give her lots of carrots and don't be critical of her or you!

Aw, she looks beautiful...congratulations and thank you!

Liz

Oh my, she looks sooo much better! I am so happy that she had you come into her life when you did! You are doing a wonderful job with her.
default_laugh.png

I agree with Vertical Limit... your future dreams may come true some day, but enjoy the moment and her! Love her for the love of horses, and hey, she probably IS royally bred! And you ARE perfect- you both have bonded in your hearts and she looks so much happier. Keep it up and cant wait for the next update in a couple of months!

She's lovely. Well done. I too love the last picture - I think it shows a lovely peaceful bond between you.

Maria

Latest posts

Back