Rescue updates :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kaykay

Hi All

Our newest rescues are doing wonderfully! They have adjusted so well to their new surroundings. One thing we have found is for the first few days they drank water like crazy. I think they are now convinced that the water is there to stay and they dont have to drink it all at once. We have all the girls in their own pasture and its just wonderful to see them running and playing. They tend to run and romp more than my own horses but im sure this is due to being tied to a rope all their life. They all have deep halter marks but my friend Ginny said they will go away and not leave permanent marks.

The little black and white stallion was just not at all sure of what to do when we let him out. I think hes still kinda amazed that hes not tied to a rope. Also he is no longer depressed and is holding his head up and acting now like a stallion LOL. When we saw him at the previous owners farm he was a whole different horse. Head hanging, lethargic etc. The other stallion is also doing well and we are trying to handle him ALOT has he is very pushy and just never handled.

Tami and Bob bought the other stallion who was in the worst shape of all of them. They report that he is doing wonderfully also. He had a lot of food agression for the first couple days but thats to be expected. He is very thin. Tami said it took an entire bottle of baby oil to get the hundreds of burrs out.

The rest are not terribly thin just poor condition. I think since all they got to eat was weeds it was enough bulk but not enough nutrition. And all were very wormy.

Im hoping the two stallion are getting gelded this week at the university of illinois.

Im going out to today to take pics of each horse and will post them here with their ages in case any of you wonderful people are interested in giving one a loving home.

I can't even imagine how your heart must feel to actually see them running and being happy and on their way to being healthy the way they were ment to live. I am glad they are with you now.
yes.gif

Is there a place to see the rescues you have up for adoption? I am still learning my way around this place
wacko.gif

i have pictures on another thread here i think it says pictures finally
smile.gif

Is Sunshine still available? Really thinking about that one ;)

Your post gave me goosebumps! Thanks for the update - I am so glad to hear everyone is doing so well!!!
thumbup.gif

Latest posts

Back