Rescue site for Catahoulas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magic

Reaction score
I stumbled across a Catahoula Dog Rescue site

Monday's Dogs, Catahoula Rescue

the other day, and the pictures of the dogs with so little time left to live just broke my heart. One dog in particular mesmerized me, so I inquired, filled out an adoption application, and ... I have a new four-month old Catahoula puppy flying in from Louisiana tomorrow!!
default_wub.png
There are so many dogs in need (and I do realize that is the case of every breed), I thought I'd post the link here to "Monday's Dogs" and hopefully others will be able to either adopt, or foster, or perhaps donate just a little bit in order to help save some lives.

I'll post a pic of my new baby as soon as I can get her pic uploaded to a website (her picture has been removed from the rescue site since she now has a home and is out of danger). Thanks for taking a look!!

I'd love to take one or two in but I just don't have room for anymore dogs. Hubby would shoot me if I had another house dog.

Oh Gosh...I know how sad this can be.

We live up on a hill, but below our hill just a little ways up the road is our animal shelter.

The only ones that live up on the hill are ourselves, my -in-laws, my daughter her husband and our grandbabies.

I can't remember when we have bought a dog. Our animal shelter will let them roam if they don't have room. I get SO UPSET.

I think we feed these stray dogs and cats around here as much as the animal shelter does.

Some of the dogs and cats are SO SAD, we can't help but feed them.

On the other hand it is hard, because people will drop dogs off thinking the animal shelter will just take them in and I have had miniature horses killed by a pack of dogs a few years back.

So, we are kind of in a rock and a hard place.

I just don't understand some people.

I can't remember when we have bought a dog. Our animal shelter will let them roam if they don't have room. I get SO UPSET.

Oh wow, that is AWFUL!!
default_new_shocked.gif
Totally NOT what a shelter should do, or else what is the POINT of a shelter? :DOH!

Here are pics of my new little girl; they were calling her "Blue" and I've kept that and added on to it so her name is now "Lexi Blue"
bluedoggirlla6-19-08.png
this is the pic I saw and got her from, she looks stressed doesn't she?

And this is her now:
LexiBlue1.jpg

She's keeping me busy, it's like having a toddler, lol! But she is goinng to be a GREAT dog, she's highly intelligent and very tuned in to me. I hope to train her for agility, I've never done it but it sounds like fun, and Lexi Blue is going to need a "job".
default_biggrin.png

Those eyes are very mesmerizing! Congratulations on your new baby and love the name too. We had a part cathoula dog about 10 years ago, she was a very loyal dog, and did not like any one that was not a part of the family. Great guard dog.

Those eyes are very mesmerizing! Congratulations on your new baby and love the name too. We had a part cathoula dog about 10 years ago, she was a very loyal dog, and did not like any one that was not a part of the family. Great guard dog.

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that you've had a good experience with a Catahoula. This is a very new breed to me, but I am learning all I can about them. Right now my puppy is about 5 months old, and she is a total love-bug, lol!! I'm sure she will get more reserved with strangers as she gets older, and I do want her as a guard dog, but I think even if she isn't stand-offish as she matures, she will probably be like my Great Dane and be protective if and when the situation arises.
default_smile.png
She already adores me, and the feeling is mutual!
default_wub.png

They've gotten in a couple of litters of abandoned pups on the Monday's Dogs page, if anyone is in the area (I think they are in Georgia?) and could foster, or adopt, that would be so great! I'm going to send a donation to try to help save at least some of them.

My puppy has already been spayed, thank heavens!!!

Latest posts

Back