Rescue Auction

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sterling

Reaction score
Does the Rescue Auction work on a time basis for donations? Or I guess what I mean is if we keep sending things to donate to the auction, will they get posted right away or will there be an "intermission" (for lack of a better term
tongue.gif
) to collect more things before it gets started again.

I'll be honest with ya, I almost sold my last donation cuz I usually go to a few craft fairs a year and had totally forgot and picked the whole lot up with me when I went this fall to the fair. Then when I saw the Rescue items listed I had to quick run and see if I had them in stock!! Whew!!! I did
happy.gif
thumbup.gif
If not I still had more but they are different colors. I want to donate some more things. It was awesome this last time watching the auction and knowing that my donation was in honor and memory of litte Teddy and seeing the auction so busy and packed!
thumbup.gif

I have to ask cathy to be sure but i know she doesnt like to load more then 10 items at a time or less than 4. Its a fine balance laughs. This auction just closed so im guessing when she gets enough donations she will upload again. And you can always ask her when you send the pic and description how long until it will be loaded

Thanks!

Kay

Well personally, I think it is better that there is ALWAYS something on the Auction under that category, if at all possible. If Cathy is too busy to post them before there are 4 to post, I would be happy to, if need be. I think that way, it keeps the interest up all the time, and not just in spurts.

Mona if your sure you wouldnt mind loading them then we will take you up on your generous offer. Ill get with Cathy today. do you think its ok to load just a few items at a time??

Kay

Yes, and again, ANY time that Cathy is too busy, just send things my way, and I will get it done for you. Especially now, as I am done work again now until September, so will be in front of the puter a lot, with mare stare and all. Please just email me the pics, the write-up and the information I will need in regards to starting price, and all the info I will need to list in the ad etc. Also, I think it is nice to name the donator, as well as a link to their site if they have one.

Oh, Sterling, I wish I had a memory
whistling.gif
There was a reason that there was such a long intermission this time - I think it had something to do with the $3.00 donation thing that went on around Christmas ??? Anyway, we stopped the auction for a bit and that was right after you has sent your item for the Teddy benefit and Mary Lou had donated her book also I think. I now have the color books and some things from Ginny, so I will open the auction again on Monday. I can post items individually - it does not matter to me. I was just following the guidlines we had originally set up of trying to have several items up at at time. But I really don't think it matters - I would like to see something up there constantly personally - but my husband disagrees
rolleyes.gif
he doesn't think we can afford it !!! Duh - I'm NOT addicted to auctions, I'm not addicted to auctions, I'm not addicted to auctions . . . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I would like to donate some beaded hair barretts I have made with this auction in mind. I plan on getting photos tomorrow of them, but need to know how this works. Whoships the item once one? Who pays for shipping? So does the rescue not get free auction or even reduced auction prices?

So if someone will please pm me on what I need to do to get something in for the auction, that would be great!

Nicole

cathyjo---awww not a problem!!! I was just gonna do some sucking up if I did'nt have the colors you had posted...he he he!!! But the other ones are beautiful colors as well. I'm excited now as I LOVE watching the auctions and bidding a time or two...I know what ya mean tho they can get addicting!!! I have to "PRY" myself away at times!!! Yeeeouch!!! Now I'll go and dig up some more stuff tomorrow!
thumbup.gif
cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Nicole, I PMd you answers

Sterling - I don't think the seller will mind if the colors are different - you can always blame it on me - and of course, since my son wanted them, I can always buy them if she doesn't want them - LOL -

Latest posts

Back