Rescue Auction Update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubyviewminis

Reaction score
Just a small update; http://www.kdrv.com/big-rescue-for-mini-horses/

I hope anyone who was there or aquired one of the little ones can tell us how things went? I love a good ending to a story, especially about horses and kitties. Merry Christmas to all the minis in their new homes and the lucky new owners.

default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
So happy to hear that !!!! The era of Kandi Crow and her miniature horses is FINALLY over
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

More updates:

I have heard the average price for the horses was about $500, but the prices went from $200 to up in the $2000's, including lot #7. All went to new homes.

Almost all of the rescues went home empty handed, but a couple did BID and I have heard a few different reasons for that.

Despite all of the police and having to sign if you bought a horse saying if the horse went back to Kandi you would be charged with a misdemeanor, there were a lot of Kandi minions there bidding. Those is charge did the best they could, but it is believed they did make off with some. Police are already working on it.

This is a very happy ending for almost all of the horses, though, and from what I've seen on facebook already they have gone to some amazing homes.

Lot #7 (the very emaciate stallion) I think went to the best home of all
default_smile.png
He will live out the rest of his days being extremely spoiled and loved. He was actually bought by someone else for the $2000 and at the last minute she decided he should not have to make the trip all the way to southern CA in his condition and sold him to the gentleman and his wife who wanted him so bad for $500. Some very big hearts there.

So glad they went to great homes! I would have loved to take one, but MN is too far away for me and I already have my hands full with another rescue mini I took in to foster.

Maybe folks will post here to show what they have??

I shall not even attempt to understand the mindset of someone who has money to buy back, through subterfuge, animals she starved and abused, nor the mindset of the morons who enabled her in this most heinous way. I hope the police catch them and charge them and confiscate the horses so they lose out again, it beggars belief, it truly does.

God bless the woman who bought the Lot 7 stallion and then let him go........What a wonderful story.

I hope the police locate the illegal bidders and those horses find good homes......that's what it's really all about.

That is wonderful news!!! Thank you so much for the update!

Liz N.

Hi all, It was a very busy weekend and I am exhausted from all the activities. It started with the potluck and we had a pretty good turnout. Sue McCoy organized it and it gave us a chance to meet each other and that started us off with instant new friends to discuss the auction with. We were told that paper work was in order for the registries and after DNA testing the horses will allow the ones with papers to be tranferred. Many horses were R registered only and we all realized it was because DNA is not required from AMHR. I think it is time for R to start requiring DNA just to avoid this situation.

After the confiscation some horses died or had to be euthanized.

The horses had great care and looked much better. #7 was the biggest shock of all. If you looked at the pics he was skin and bones and he looked almost back to close to normal weight. I heard they had given him testosterone and the miracle of food to eat made a huge difference. These horses will still need a lot of care but they have had a big jump start towards a better life. The babies had lost the dead look in their eyes, been wormed and lost the Biafra look and looked like what is sitting in our ranches.

It was really hard to get a good look at them as they had holding pens and they were pretty close together. They had food and didn't lift their heads and there was police tape so you couldn't get too close to the pens. I don't remember but I think they gelded 6-8 mature stallions.

Friday night was the Meet & Greet that I hosted and Dr Buckmaster and Anna Clay from Equamore couldn't make it at the last minute. We had a large group that consisted of 2 rescues from California and Betsy Bueno and Mary from Angels for Minis stepped up and had Anna's notes on the horses and gave a great presentation. Diane Dorrigan got up to talk about SoMini, our local fun support mini group in So Oregon, and once she had her hand on the microphone she took off and did most of the MC work for me(I know you will read this Diane,lol). She did a wonderful job also. Terry Branham, our field rep for Pinto had inspected the minis and talked about the ones that were eligible for pinto registration and the auction company did announce which ones as they auctioned them off. It was a fun-filled night with good food and friendship. The speakers were informative and I'm sorry you guys missed it.

Saturday was the auction and there was somewhere between 500-600 people there if not more. I know the bidding numbers were close to 500. Kandi Crow's "friends" were there and bidding on some of the horses. Sherriffs were taking pics of them and I hope they follow up. The contract said if anyone buys horses and they end up back in Kandi's hands it is a misdemeanor. Kandi has already been caught buying chickens and goats from the local livestock auction. The county confiscated her property and there was a rumor going around that Kandi may be headed to Colorado so heads up, this may not be the end of her.

I think the average price was $500 and up. Very few went for the 300s, many in the 400s but there were also many horses that went higher. The rescues bought a few and had buyers for some of the horses(and donkeys) but went home with empty trailers. They made it very clear to us they were only there for the horses that didn't get bid on. Emotions were high and the horses went into homes. I know there were 5 different rescues present. I have to say I didn't know we had so many rescues in our neck of the woods. It looked like they were networking so maybe the horses on the West Coast have new friends they didn't know they had.

It was an exhausting but rewarding weekend and I think I will go take a nap now!

That is discusting that Kandi would have people buying her horses so could have them back ? Seriously ? That's sick !!!

She needs to be in treatment, court ordered.

Thank you so much for the information! I can't wait to read more stories and see pictures of these innocents as they make their way into their new homes. It's just wonderful all of you who put out so much of your own effort.

Great to hear that there was such a good turnout of buyers for these horses and that most went to good homes.

I just can't understand how a personi can have so many people that are willing to support her abuse by buying back animals for her. I don't care how good a friend someone is to me, if they had their animals taken away like this there is no way I would ever agree to buy one back for them. I don't even get why people like her want to have animals--just for the sake of abusing/starving them?

I hope any that were bought back on her behalf are found and again removed by the police.

I was able to get #37 and my aunt got #49. They are currently in quarantine for the next few weeks, but are very sweet and mellow. #49 came with a tag naming her Speckles and she seems to know it. She has had some training as she leads, loads, ties and sort of picks up her feet. It's hard to take a picture of her as she's always stays close. #37 has not had any handling except for work done by the vet and sheriff's posse. She's scared right now, but I think she will come around just fine. It looks like she has club feet in the front, but I'll get a better idea when she lets me handle her more. She was listed in the catalog as 12 years old, but may be 2. Her teeth are chipped, so it's hard to tell.

Bridie1 1st day.jpeg

Bridie4 1st day.JPG

Thank you! I had an eye on #37, soooo glad she found a home with you!

That filly had been on Kandi's website as a daughter of the sabino stallion out of a little splash red/white mare, #105, who I bid on for Gayle Torres in So. Calif. She should be a 2yo.

Crystallo,I'm glad you were able to give 37 and speckles a good home.
default_yes.gif
Good luck with them, I'd love to see more pictures of them in their new home.
default_thumbup.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
It's wonderful to see these 2 little critters in a new home where they will be taken care of properly and shown the love that they need.

Latest posts

Back