Rescue Auction is back up!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kaykay

Take a look at CMHR auction on last chance auction board. We have some really nice gift items up and a signed book by marty!!

IF you have anything to donate pls send it to [email protected]

If you donate you will be responsible for paying shipping this is done to make a smoother transaction

Thanks cathy!

new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif
thumbup.gif
cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Kay I dont think the person donating an item should have to pay shipping that should be responsibility of the buyer. Once that person wins maybe they can be told how much the shipping cost are to send a check seperate. I just personally feel its nice enough for someone to donate something and now we are asking more of them.

This is great; I love to buy gifts on the CMHR auction, then I am donating money to a wonderful cause and am able to buy terrific gifts at the same time. I do have an observation tho; I think it looks "strange" when the person that is the one answering questions for the auction and shipping the items out is the one person that bids on most if not all of the items and runs the prices up. Pardon me if this is standard behavior but it strikes me as odd.
unsure.gif
Maybe she just gets to see all of the items and falls in love with it all?
wink.gif
I'm glad this auction is back up and running, I will look for things to donate, but until then, I'll be bidding!
thumbup.gif

Okay let me clarify a few things
smile.gif

Cathy uploads all the auctions as Mona wanted one person to do it all in one name as she does not charge us auction fees so this makes it easier for her to track--so cathy is the one putting them up but she is not always the one who donated them.

And yes Cathy likes to shop! Laughs. I know she is not doing it to run prices up but i will talk to her and be sure.

Shipping---as far as I know all the charity auctions are done this way--i think it was done to make it easier. I will ask Mona. Maybe we can change it??? Ill find out!

Now I know when we have had canadian bidders they have paid the shipping since its higher to Canada

Please keep giving me your thoughts to make the auciton better.....im open to all ideas!

Sorry I could not answer as I was in TX at my son's wedding and could not get on the internet every night - some of my bidding was by proxy - no, I'm not "running up" the bidding - sorry. I do want the items I bid on. Kay suggested maybe I not bid on items so that it doesn't "look" funny so I guess I won't in the future unless no one else is bidding on them. There really isn't anything on the auction I could not go to a catalog and buy - it is just more fun on the auction and helps the rescue.

Would it be possible for us to get a new user name for posting all the CMHR stuff, and then Cathyjo could bid with her usual name? I know she would never even consider running up the bid, but I do understand how it can look to others unfamiliar with the set up.

I would like to address this concern if I may. CathyJo VOLUNTEERS her time to post these auctions for the Rescue. The username of the registrant listing the items is CMHR. Cathy uses her own PERSONAL username to bid on these auctions. For the average person that does not know that she lists the items, they would not see a connection.

I have always thought it VERY gracious of CathyJo to bid on all of the items that she does, for there are MANY that sell, with only her ONE bid, sooooo...with that one bid in mind, on many items, it has raised money for a worthy cause...the cause it was intended for, and that being this rescue group...CMHR or Chances Miniature Horse Rescue. Personally, I think CathyJo goes above and beyond in her generosity.

If there seems to be a problem with CathyJo listing the items, and then bidding on them, I would be happy to list them for the Rescue, so that CathyJo can continue shopping in a way that makes her most happy!

And Cathy, I personally would like to thank you for doing what you do!

Please be sure to Email me iff you decide you would like me to take over in listing the donated items.

As for who pays the shipping, the reason we ask that the person donating the items pay for shipping, is because the item is at their place. It is not sent to one CMHR place and sent out from there. So if we did have the winning bidder pay the shipping, they would have to send one payment to the CMHR and another to the donator for shipping. It is just easier for the buyer this way.

Wow! I just figured the kind and charitable Cathyjo was using her own auction id to post CMHR stuff, since I know she uploads everything and does the descriptions etc. Thanks for clarifying Mona!

Mona

Thank you so much for clearing this up! I knew there was a reason we do shipping this way and at the time i could not remember(too much going on in my head right now laughs) Then today i finally remembered it was so there were not two checks written for every auction etc.

Also I cannot tell you guys how much Cathy does for this rescue and I would be lost without her.

I dont think people realize how time consuming it is to load and track all of these auctions but they have been a very successful fund raiser for us!

to mona and cathyjo i thank you both from the bottom of my heart
smile.gif

I just wanted to say I don't have a single problem with Cathyjo bidding on items she's listed for the auction, as long as they weren't hers in the first place!

I am sending some book descriptions to her today. I may have a few other things that would be appropriate, too.

Liz M.

Also, NOW might be a good time to list any items that you have for the Auction, as I just did a bunch of ads on various Sales Boards, with hopes of drumming up some added interest in the Auction.
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry, I really didn't mean to be offensive;
sad.gif
of course Cathyjo has every right to bid on any item she pleases. And it is GOOD for the prices to go as high as possible since this is for an extremely good cause. I guess what I really meant to say was that perhaps Cathyjo could bid with a different user name than the one she uses as the one answering questions?

I don't want Cathyjo not to bid on the auction anymore, she has every right to bid. I really do apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings. I do very much appreciate what all of you do for the Rescue. I'll just slap myself and go sit in the corner for a while. Please forgive me Cathyjo?

Magic said:
I am so sorry, I really didn't mean to be offensive;
sad.gif
of course Cathyjo has every right to bid on any item she pleases. And it is GOOD for the prices to go as high as possible since this is for an extremely good cause. I guess what I really meant to say was that perhaps Cathyjo could bid with a different user name than the one she uses as the one answering questions? I don't want Cathyjo not to bid on the auction anymore, she has every right to bid. I really do apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings. I do very much appreciate what all of you do for the Rescue. I'll just slap myself and go sit in the corner for a while. Please forgive me Cathyjo?
Gee Magic, don't feel bad! I knew what you meant, and only tried to clarify it. Now you have me confused...is she signing her name when ansering these questions, or putting an email addy in there or what? Where are you seeing the connection? I cannot check, as there are no more open auctions.

When she answers the questions in the Q/A section of the auction listing, it is recorded as CMHR replying, so I am confused as to where she is using her oen personal username?

Cathyjo, maybe if you have been using your personal email for people to email you with questions, I suggest maybe having them email the addy that you signed up with for CMHR and always just sign it from CMHR if you remember to?? Just a suggestion.

Do the donated auction items have to be horse related?

Liz V.

Cathy answers questions with the name CMHR and bids with the name Cathyjo. I know she directed people with questions to email me but at the time i was switching over computers and never received any.

Magic you have done nothing wrong! Im sure there were other people who probably wondered the same thing so at least now everyone knows whats going on --- and thank you for bidding
cheekkiss.gif

And yes we will take non horsey items to auction off!

Okay who likes wolves hehehehe. I did an art print of wolves and just discovered i have some left. All wolf lovers watch the auction. Also you never know what Kay will find when she digs thru her closet

I have a brand new pair of Miniature Barrier Boots by Davis I'd like to donate to the Auction.
yes.gif
I'll let Cathy know.

Latest posts

Back