Replacing patent leather covers on shaft ends

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MinisOutWest

Reaction score
Ok, we need to remove the shaft patent leather covers on the cart shafts. DID that!! now trying to get the new ones back one. Very tight, won't slide back down all the way? any suggestions? I put them in the sun to heat them up, but still wont go all the way down, took a stitch or two out of the end, nope still too tight. any tricks out there? except build a bon-fire and burn it!!!! ha ha

How about getting them wet and then putting grease of some sort on the shafts themselves so that they'll slide on. Just a thought.
default_smile.png
I know wet stuff spreads out better than hot stuff (learned this after taking a basket cover off and then trying to put it back on).

WE DID IT !!!! We poured baby powder down in them, lots of it, sit them in the hot sun, and they slid right on. cool. any more suggestions out there that worked for you???

Wow you got lucky I had to use hand cream on them That is what Ken Porter had me do we went though 3 on one shaft we kept splitting them out so Ken and me found the biggist one lots of have cream and then it went on

O ya you can buy them at horsecarts.com and thats Ken Porter

Latest posts

Back