Repeat Buyer

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been a repeat buyer from several breeders. And i have had numerous repeat buyers that bought from my my farm. I think that is the ultimate compliment that a farm can get, the repeat buyer that had a good experience and wants to repeat it! We at Lil Hoofbeats know that when someone comes back, we are"doin it right."

Yip, me too!

Buckeye WCF and the Mathenys.

Several reasons. For one they have awesome horses, they are very honest with you about each horse, they WANT you to have the right horse and will make sure the horse fits with the buyer. They are wonderful to work with and do not hesitate to share their knowledge.

I was taken bad, twice, so I will continue to go to those I know and trust.

Me too Frankie, you would not believe the horses we have bought that were misrepresented, and arrived is SHOCKING condition. I usually try to buy from only the people that i have had good dealings with previously, but there is always that temptation when a nice looking horse comes available to take the risk!

I've bought a full brother and sister pair (2 years apart) from Diane at DRK Miniatures and I've gotten several from JCW Miniatures including my 2 "First Knights Redi or Not" fillies and my new Appy filly.

Have done business with many I would not repeat with for various reasons, but most people are honest I think and have the best interests of the horses at heart. I've had repeat buyers and have repeat clients for my foaling services every year. I treasure my "regulars"!
default_wub.png

I have purchased several horses from Bear Branch Ranch and also a couple from LTD Miniatures. Might purchase more in the near future also.
default_wink.png
I very recently purchased two horses from Pat Foster at Impressible Minis and would not hesitate to buy from her again.

Diane Kaler (DRK Miniatures) is my buddy and I acquired a gorgeous mare and filly from her and plan to breed two mares to her wonderful stallion again so I am definitely a repeat buyer when I like what I get. I have made MANY great friends through horses and I couldn't be happier with my little herd at this very moment!
default_wub.png
default_risa8.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
We've been repeat buyers from Scott Creek, Lucky Four, Bristol Pony Farm, and others...... Have also had repeat buyers of our own.
default_smile.png
When you can develop a relationship, both a business one and a friendship, it's awesome.

I have bought several minis when I first started out and did repeat buys on and have been fortunate in getting nice ones. I firmly believe in treating others as I would like to be treated and the saying of what goes around comes around and having sold a few of my minis am looking for just the right little gal to add to my happy little herd. Just need to get the funds together
default_wacko.png
and then I can go back and see what I can do to make it happen
default_rolleyes.gif

We have three D&S horses and would like to have more. Our three have been nationally competitive for us at the Youth, Amateur and Open levels. They are great horses, and Dale Lutke has been great to work with.

The same can be said about Getitia Matheny and the horses from Buckeye Walnut Creek Farm. We got three horses from Getitia, and they are wonderful.

We also have three minis from Frank and Karen Johnson (Jo-Co Miniatures), and they were terrific to deal with. I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing they still were involved in showing minis.

I have gotten 6 minis from Honey Bea Meadows, and made a life long friend to boot!!! I trusted the seller, and she taught me alot about the breed. Got two ponies from Triangle Ponies in MN, also made another great friend. If I am comfortable w/ the seller, then I am more likely to purchase in the future when they offer a horse that matches my desire.

I am a repeat buyer myself also-I have bought most of broodmares and multiple show horses and foals from Ten-L Training. Laura Tennil is very nice to work with and you can be sure the horses she has are nice. Are there any people out there who have had a bad experiance reapeat-buying from anyone?

I am
default_smile.png
i also have repeat buyers from me to which is awesome cos when i go to visit i can catch up on a few at a time
default_smile.png

We have bought several horses recently and in the past from several farms. When we were breeding and showing amha horses we bought several from Havenbrook farm. Now we are into the double registered Shetlands. We have bought several horses from Arlene Foulk Foulk Fantasy Farm several Seth Thomas horses from Dale Lutke and last year bought several horses from Jackie Tyler Emerld Glen Farm. We in turn have sold several horses to a few farms In Arizonia and Canada.
default_smile.png

I am also a repeat buyer got a stallion and was so loved him so much got a mare from the same farm a few months later. Got a new friend for myself and my child who was starting new in showing. One from a sale and then got 2 fillies from another breeder who also became a good friend to me and my child. Like the people who knows you and what you can handle and not handle. I really think that I got the best of the deal. Minis and friends what more could anyone ask for,

I have bought horses from many people and hope that my comments about being a repeat buyer does not indicate dissatisfaction with those I have bought from only once. Often times, single purchases are a result of distance or availability, not dissatisfaction.

I have been a repeat buyer from Walt and Clara Woodson. I was very pleased and they helped me tremendously in getting started in the Miniature business. Unfortunately, Walt has passed away and Clara has sold all her remaining horses. I will always be grateful to them.

I bought my first stallion from Ralph and Shirley Bear of Bear Farms in Shawnee, KS. I liked him so well that I think I have been back 4 times to buy mares from them. I have joked with them that I have bought so many horses from them that I am going to have to rename my farm "Bear Farms South".

Generally when we buy a horse from a farm that is a significant distance from us we try to buy two horses. Typically the farm has the kind of horses we are looking for which is why we were attracted to them in the beginning.

We have no problem buying foals and waiting as this has been good for us in the past. I have the time to invest in a great quality horse.

We like that the horses can travel together and it is normally not that much more to ship two horses, then one.

We like that they have company in transit and we can quaranteen them together when they arrive at our ranch.

It does not always work out that the ranch has a second horse we can buy at the same time, in which case we frequently check out their websites to see their new foals or new horses offered for sale.
default_rolleyes.gif

I also have found it is always possible that a horse that is not listed might be for sale when you are buying a couple at the same time.
default_smile.png

I am a repeat buyer a few times over. I have 4 horses from Erica and have been extreamly happy with each buy. I have bought atleast one horse per year from her for the last 3 years now lol
default_smile.png

I trust her horses and have had no problems at all so its nice investing money into a horse that is not only nice pysically but also healthy and from a trustworthy seller.
default_wub.png

Im not a repeat buyer but I would buy another mini from thousand oaks ranch
default_smile.png
if I could. I also only have two minis.

We have several repeats in our barn.

4 from Flying W Farms -- Frederika Wagner has become a very dear friend.

3 from Lowell Boone - Marie & Lowell also were very good friends & I learned a lot about many different things from Lowell-- He was the one that got us interested in showing AMHR. Prior to that we had only showed AMHA.

2 from Little King Farm -- really nice people to do business with as well.

6 from Filipowicz Farm -- also have become very good friends with Walt & Fran. This farm was our first venture into the Shetland & "B" sized miniatures & we are in love with them all.

We have recommended many people to these farms -- would do more business with any of them in a heartbeat. All have great horses & all are super nice people to deal with.

[SIZE=14pt]We are members of the repeat buyer herd. Our favorite seller (when they will and a certain someone doesn't get to them first
default_smile.png
) and friends are Neil and Judy Gottlob of Grand Island Nebraska. These two know their ponies and have been very generous with their horses and knowledge. Just wished we all lived closer.
[/SIZE]

Tammi

NJ Pony West

http://dialbydesign.com

Latest posts

Back