Removing Just for men hair Dye????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedWagon

Reaction score
Julie wants to know if anyone knows how to remove just for men hair dye??? If they do please hurry before she has no hands left. :stupid

Mark

Removing from hands? That's a tough one.

In the future remember to wear gloves
default_smile.png

Andrea

She said oh is that what those gloves are for. Here is a pic of the hands after 45 min of scrubbing with everything in the house.
default_risa_suelos.gif

ShowBabies084.jpg

Oh Julie! What a mess!!! My suggestion is in future wear gloves to dye AND in the very near future WEAR GLOVES!!! I don't think there is much that will remove that, other than time and lots of hand washing, without removing a layer of skin.
default_no.gif
You could try paint remover and then lots of soap and hand lotion.

Ooooooohhhhhh...... I think you are pretty much stuck. Fortunately you wash your hands often and they do sluff off old skin fast... so shouldn't be like that for more than a week except around the cuticles I'd think...

default_new_shocked.gif

Thanks for the picture, though... it brought a smile to my face
default_wink.png

Andrea

Lets see she has used:

foot sloughing lotion

hand soap

dish soap

mineral spirits

acetone

nail polish remover

olive oil

vinegar

shaving cream

toothpaste

alcohol

peroxide

glass cleaner with ammonia

Comet

baking soda

green dish scrubbie

The pic above is AFTER all that!!
default_new_shocked.gif

Andrea it brought a smile to my face also. She always makes fun of me for doing stupid things.

Mark

Mark,

I don't really have the answer as to what will remove it from hands like that. Yes, gloves are the best preventative! I have found that frequent washing and also using hair conditioner seems to soften/loosen the dye and it comes off quicker. Tell Julie good luck!

By the way anyone going to the Perry show next weekend look us up. I am the one with the wife that looks like she just rebuilt a engine.
default_biggrin.png

Mark

When my glove broke and my one hand looked like that with the black under the nails and all l called the company that made the dye and they told me to use Olay toner/astringent and it would remove it. l did it twice and all gone..
default_biggrin.png

Olay........will have to remember that! I had some less than effective gloves not long ago and ended up with a couple of very brown fingernails, but oh my, nothing like this!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_biggrin.png

Jan

Thanks everyone we will try the olay tomorrow.

I have to say that the horse turned out beautiful. Now Julie has to dye the colt tomorrow. We will see if she will wear the gloves or not. Stay tuned!!!

Mark

There are hair dye color removers for skin. I bought one from Sally's Beauty supply a few years back. Sorry can't remember how well it worked but I did not have that much to remove. Good luck.

Time to buy a highlight kit. Mix the powder and the liquid in a small amount then mix it with a bit of shampoo. Wash your hands with that mixture it will come right off.
default_yes.gif

Do you have a beauty supply store like "Sallys" near. I bought a jar that contains 80 pads to remove hair color it is called Dy-Zoff pads. Works great.

I had this happen to me last month right before a show :DOH! , one of my hands was a black as you could get, made those hands look white... I tried everything... Gas did help take some off of it off, but nothing else around the house did anything..... after 4 days on a Thursday night before the show, thankfully most of it was gone, I wasnt looking forward to going in the showring with one white hand and one black hand.... By Saturday morning of the show, You almost couldnt tell I had died my whole hand...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the tips! I will try the Olay tomorrow & if that doesn't work, I'll hit Sally's on Monday and if THAT doesn't work, I'll just have to be patient!

And I must say, I don't usually do things like this! :DOH! I WAS wearing the gloves at first but they were way too big for my hands. I was afraid I would get black dye on my buckskin horse, so I took them off. The things we do for these little ones!

I think it's pretty funny, myself, too!
default_biggrin.png

default_risa_suelos.gif
:arg! Okay... I had the same thing happen. I cannot remember the actual name of the stuff but it comes in the spray can and is made by the same company that makes the show sheen. It is the stuff that works on the horses when you put black hoof polish on and make a booboo. The spray works like magic. Also when you are "enhancing"...if you will use a clear shampoo and cover the horse where you don't want the dye to go, that will take care of that problem. Good luck and go buy some gloves that fit properly to keep on hand. They also work great at shows when you need to put black shine on the muzzle right before you go in. Keeps it from getting all over you!

Latest posts

Back