Reminder About Candles

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharmedMinis

Reaction score
Got home from a Birthday dinner late last night.

Me and my Mom went to go to bed and turned on the news. They flashed an address that was familiar of a house that was on fire.

Turns out it was a friend of ours whose house was on fire........she's fine, the house is a total loss.

The fire people have not figured out exactly what happened yet, but our friend thinks it was a candle.

She has a ceramic tile breakfast bar in her kitchen. She lit a candle and placed it there, where nothing else was. She went and took a hot bath. Got out, heard a funny noise, started walking towards the kitchen and saw flames. She went to the bedroom threw on a robe and sandals, grabbed her purse and medications and walked out and called 911.

DON'T LEAVE CANDLES UNATTENDED!!! :no:

A timely reminder Lindz, what with homes smelling stuffy. I'm glad she's ok and so sorry about her losses.

Also be very wary of those gel candles. Especially if they are the kit kind. This gel burns exceptionally hot and can burst the container and pour flaming wax all over. I had one relight or just burst and then the air ignited the wax, dunno, thing is about another minute and the house would have been a loss and not just one wall.

At least I had a guardian angel that woke me, most people arent that lucky.

Latest posts

Back