Remember Thumbalina

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gizzmoe

Reaction score
I was browsing around on youtube and found this video. Poor thing has been publicized to death and obviously wanted to be left alone.

This video has been up there a long time. It was thoroughly discussed, at length, here. Her hay had just been taken away and she was mad at that. What the video doens't show is that it was given back to her and she stopped her hissy-fit. What Kay and Paul do with this horse has raised, literally, hundreds of thousands of dollars for kid-related charities. Thumb was on a whirlwind "tour" in 2007 as part of her fund-raising. She's at home now, as she was before, being treated like a princess. Trust me, she lives better than many humans do.

I'm sure there was no intent as part of this post to "start" anything. I'm just hoping to set the record straight before it gets out of hand.

I've got no problem with the explanation (we all know how they can get about food!) but it really bothers me to see the behavior written off as "kicking up her heels" and enjoying herself. Yes, let's teach little children to ignore all warning signs from an animal and then sue somebody when they get bitten by the dog or horse that was warning them off in the most graphic way for five minutes straight.... :DOH! Jeesh. How clueless were these parents?!
default_no.gif

Leia

A couple of weeks ago she was advertised to having been at Knotts Berry Farm for the weekend.

We were going to go that weekend but something else came up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was feeling the same as Leia. What bugged me is the statement that she was just having fun and kicking up her heels. Looks like she was having a ball
default_no.gif

Latest posts

Back