Remember the pool we sold? The ppl wouldnt pay for ..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
I posted this whole story a while back, well now its over. We sold it to my 'friend' and his mother and they refused to pay for it. Well after weeks and weeks of hearing 'we will pay it next friday, no wait ..next friday, no next friday, next friday' and our friendship ending we decided to take them to court. They were very sure they would win. I dont see how the judge could have granted it in their favor, i mean its pretty black and white here ..you bought the pool and use it daily, its in your yard and you have said tons of times not to pay for it. We gave them till june 14th and told them that, then called on the 15th and got some nasty nasty comments and hung up on. They cant afford to pay for the pool, yet they went to cedar point 3x and his father bought a motocycle and they are getting a boat now??? :eek:

They basically tried pointing out all the little details we got wrong, such as wrong emails, wrong spelling of their name ...that was there case agianst us
default_rolleyes.gif
:. To think i called this guy a friend?????? :no:

Well today we had our small claimes court case. WE WON!!! :risa8: :risa8: :risa8: :risa8: :risa8:

They had the nerve in court to say that i and another friend went over at night when they were sleeping and shot a whole in the pool .......???? HUH? Where did that come from. Then, she showed a picture of the the whole and it was 2'' from the top of the look and so tiny water was dribbling out ..if i would have shot a whole in it (and im scared of guns btw, anyone will tell you that) the water would have been dribbling out AND i would not have done it 2'' from the top. No way would i ever do that, im not that imature
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_rolleyes.gif
:.

We sued for $250 (which they owe) and charged an 08% daily from end of March-today to be added on and then $35 for court charges.

After it was all over, i went down to the car bc i was feeling light headed ..to much stress lately and then this ontop of things and he and his mother come and come up to my car window and flip me off and say 'were not paying it, were not paying it' and walk away. They wont pay it, i know them to well. We dont know how to make them pay it. What else can we do you know?

Then in court, they printed off all our emails/txts ext and the judge wouldnt even look at any media materials. So not even 5 minutes after court was done i had 3 new txt messages, a new comment on my Myspace when i got home and two new emails ALONG WITH tons of harrasing offline messages on yahoo mssngr. Im going to try to block him soon.

I thought it would be over after this, apparently its not.

Just wanted to share an update. I tell you what, if they dont pay it ..im not extremely worried bc i know that we won the case. You know what i mean? Just knowing that puts me at peace.

Now im just worried about all the harrasment im going to get. I dont plan to comment or txt or email him back, im an adult not a child and dont plan to play into his silly little childish games. But i dont look forward to getting harrased.

Are they employed? If so, you can take the judgement and have their wages garnished.

Yes they are employeed, but she works for her step father and are a close knit family. I just dont see how that would possibly work.
default_sad.png

Good idea Jill
default_smile.png

I would call the police and make a report. You don't know what they are going to do. People really stink, but I am glad you won in court.

Yes they are employeed, but she works for her step father and are a close knit family. I just dont see how that would possibly work.
default_sad.png

Good idea Jill
default_smile.png
If she's on the payroll, family or no matter, if the company doesn't honor the garnishment -- guess what? They company will have to cover it. Either way, you get paid! I know from being both a business owner and knowing what happens when you've got renters who don't pay and you need to collect a judgement.

A judgement against wages is a court order to pay and take it from their wages. If they do not, the employer risks having to go to court also and pay a HUGE fine!!! They CANNOT refuse it- it's the law.

Yes, I would file a police report on the harrassment- they WILL listen to or read the messages. If there is any way you can make copies to keep, do that!! Or don't delete them!!

This judge may have refused to look at that, but there may be others that do, and they will SURELY look at a police report filed that has details of the harassment noted!! Make sure you get an incident number from the officer who takes the report and tell him you will need a copy of the actual report and where and how to get one!!!

Also, if you go to court for a judgement against them, and they do not pay, it can affect their credit. Some of them through the courts do not 'fall off' the credit after a few years and stay there until paid!

There ARE steps you can take to ensure you get your money- good idea not to respond to their crap, just take notes, make copies, FILE A POLICE REPORT and proceed if you must. Did they court give them a deadline as to when it needed to be paid by or anything?

Just edited to note, you may be able to file a lien on something they own as well- like their CAR, and they cannot sell it until it's paid- but I would only do that as a last resort and if the car is worth anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't let the harassment go unreported.

You will regret it.

Sorry you had to go through this.

Gatorbait,

I dont think i want to go to jail ...plus i am not much for revenge lol.

New thing, he said that we could not garnish his mothers checks bc someone already is ..hmmmm interesting. I am holding strong and not saying anything back
default_smile.png

Now, maybe is the time to put a lien on something? Giving them the 30 days first of course. This summer has been out of this world
default_wacko.png
:

Oh Leeana good and bad news.

Talk to you tonight girly. :eek:

Then in court, they printed off all our emails/txts ext and the judge wouldnt even look at any media materials. So not even 5 minutes after court was done i had 3 new txt messages, a new comment on my Myspace when i got home and two new emails ALONG WITH tons of harrasing offline messages on yahoo mssngr. Im going to try to block him soon.
Why aren't you blocking him now? That makes no sense unless you like the conflict.

You need to ask the court what happens if they don't pay for it in the time frame set by the court. How to go about getting bench warrants issued,etc. In Michigan to get a bench warrant issued you have to of course have won the case but you must have the birthdate of the individual, otherwise, you are pretty much out of luck.

After it was all over, i went down to the car bc i was feeling light headed ..to much stress lately and then this ontop of things and he and his mother come and come up to my car window and flip me off and say 'were not paying it, were not paying it' and walk away. They wont pay it, i know them to well. We dont know how to make them pay it. What else can we do you know?
The court SHOULD force them to pay it or they face jail time. Thats what usually happens

Because sheryl, i knew he would send tons of more messages ...which he did, as of right now i have 9 long messages from him. I thought i would let him dig himself into a whole. I blocked him this evening. Just wanted to let him dig himself into a whole a bit deaper.
default_smile.png

Thanks everyone, for the support
default_smile.png

I've been feeling really drained lately, this is just taking more out of me ahhh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because sheryl, i knew he would send tons of more messages ...which he did, as of right now i have 9 long messages from him. I thought i would let him dig himself into a whole. I blocked him this evening. Just wanted to let him dig himself into a whole a bit deaper.
Thanks everyone, for the support

I've been feeling really drained lately, this is just taking more out of me ahhh.
leeana, its draining you because you didn't block him until now. Why do you need to allow him to dig himself into a deeper hole? You won the case, the first message you had with him saying he / they won't pay would've been enough if necessary at all, as again you already won your case.

good lord people just need to learn to pay up....I would file the harassment though it could get worse thats for sure...and yes report him to yahoo and myspace

save all the copies of messages and what not

I agree with Sheryl about blocking the messages. It can really get out of hand, too, way beyond messages because these kinds of situations usually escalate if they're allowed to continue. It can be like something that feeds itself and gets bigger the more it is "indulged". It's harassment and it can get to the level of being dangerous. No one who's ever been at the receiving end of something like that turning dangerous ever thought it would get that way (serious here, Leeana!).

Latest posts

Back