Remember my coughing filly?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootka

Reaction score
I just wanted to let you all know that my filly w/the cough/snoring sound is much better.

She has not coughed now in four or five days.

When I explained it to my vet, he advised another round of worming and he would see her if it did not improve.

So far, so good! I believe she was dealing with some parasites and is now doing just fine. No diarrhea and no cough.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and support.

Liz M.

aktion033.gif
Glad she's feeling better!

[SIZE=14pt]So glad she's feeling better!
aktion033.gif
[/SIZE]

I was wondering about her Liz, glad this seems to be working. These babies can be frustrating.

I'm glad she's doing better and that it was an "easy" fix for you and her!!!

Yeah! I'm glad to hear the deworming seems to have worked. That was easy!
aktion033.gif

Hey Liz,

I'm so glad she's doing better!

Here's another tidbit to tuck away in my "learned it on the forum" file.

It's always best to consult w/the vet on these types of things, but the vet felt that since she was not running a temp and had no discharge, that this would be one thing we would rule out in the interim.

I'm glad to say she's definitely better as I have not heard her coughing, and no diarrhea.

I'm also glad it was an easy fix, as I was prepared to delay her weaning if it were anything serious.

Liz M.

Meavey, I first de-wormed her and her mother with Zimectrin Gold.

Then we did the five day purge w/Panacur.

Most recently I did another Ivermectin dose.

This filly had never been wormed in her life and her mother had live worms coming out of her when she came here, so I don't know when she'd been last wormed.

Hope this helps,

Liz M.

Latest posts

Back