Remember Destiny? Foaling 4 months early? Belly dropped?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Destiny4ever

Reaction score
Hi all, remember the Destiny saga from two years ago? Well she is bred for a foal this year and is due anywhere from June 6th-July 12th (she was covered all of July last year..she was in heat 4 weeks). She is bred to a 31.25" sorrel pinto stallion that I did own, and have since sold. He's a Bruzzie baby.

Anyways, Destiny's belly has dropped TREMENDOUSLY in the past two days. With her first foal (2 years ago), she didn't drop until about a week before she foaled. She's also way bigger than she was when she actually FOALED last time and she still has a good 4 or 5 months to go. She isn't developing a bag and is not dialated, but I'm worried about her dropping so early.

Do they drop earlier after they have their first foal and are on a subsequent pregnancy? And is it normal for her to be larger carrying her second foal? Anyways, here are some photos of her taken tonight. I'm taking the extra precaution of stalling her at night just in case she were to foal, and she loves the fluffy shavings to sleep in anyways. As she gets closer to her due date I'll switch the shavings out with straw, of course.

DSCF1066.jpg

DSCF1062.jpg

she does look like she dropped. are you sure she couldnt have accidentally been bred earllier?? sure looks too big to have a due date 4 months away???? They do stretch out more the second time around.

HMMMMMM I'd be suspicious of an unannouced get together with that man! She sure looks further along to me too. I'd be watching her.

See the thing is, I didn't even have the stallion on the property until July 4th...so there was absolutely no humanly (or horsey) possible way that she could have been bred earlier. Could she just be overweight on top of being pregnant? I just know that her belly has considerably dropped in the past 2 days and its got me worried!

Is there any chance that Destiny had a fling before that sorrel fella came to your place? She surely looks further along than what you think she is to me as well. She may have controlled her own Destiny without your knowledge. LOL

HMmmm sorrel fella huh? those red heads are pure fire! Better consider it.

Maybe consider this....Destiny is very butt high, her barrel goes downhill and maybe the baby is just more comfortable dropped like that. Conformationally she doesnt have a level topline so maybe it is just tilting forward and down.Please dont be offended by my saying that. ITs just a thought for her belly shape.

Lyn

What did she look like before she was pregnant.

I have a 29" mare who is due end of March and she looks huge!

My vet told me she was definately bred last year
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
: she was on mare stare and all.

Sometimes the little mares can look much further along than they really are.

This was Destiny October 15th, 2005. Approximately 3 months in foal...

destinyfightforfood.jpg

Oh and I'm not at all offended, she is a grade mare, not registered, and is just a pet and family member to me.

Shes not that much different now then she was then. I wouldnt be worried.

Latest posts

Back