Relative to Lyn's problems

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ

Reaction score
Just wondering, would there not be forums for , say dog people, or new human mothers that would ask/answer questions just like on this forum? If so, those people should similarly be in trouble if the complainants in this instance have a case.

AJ said:
Just wondering, would there not be forums for , say dog people, or new human mothers that would ask/answer questions just like on this forum? If so, those people should similarly be in trouble if the complainants in this instance have a case.
476117[/snapback]

There are lots of them:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=problems...s+roaming&hl=en

yes.gif

I have been chatting on a parenting sight for 6 years and we share all sorts of stuff! We are not "practicing medicine" when we share what "we" did for a certain illness etc! If I tell someone the B*R*A*T diet works great for the poops- I don't want to have to put a waiver that I am not a doctor - I am a mother of 4 and I feel experienced in certain things (especially about boys LOL)...

I hate that Lyn is being picked on for being a knowledgable horseperson and sharing what she knows with us - we are the ones losing.

I'm on a UK based Doberperson Forum and we swap diets, ideas and advice all the time- never had a problem

I to feel it is so horrible what they are doing to Lynn. The forum is a great place

to learn from others with years experience. How sad, we can't turn to each other.

This Summer we had 2 babies with Diarrhea. We had the first one at the Vet over

and over and over. Ran test after test. The Vet is very good, he work hard with me trying to find the Why? We had the colt on med's. Nothing working.

I spoke to another Mini Horse owner, she ask if I had a salt block in their stalls. I did. She told me to get rid of it. I did, and spoke to my Vet, he said oh my, this is it. The foals were obessed with the salt block and drinking to much water. The same week we finally found the why, the second filly Princesa started it. She was so bad about the salt block, she stopped nursing. The mare was drying up and so gorged. I did not know what to do, or how to strip the milk, if it had not been for the forum or a special member, I would have been in major trouble. I was not able to reach our Vet. The member help me, we got the mare stripped of milk, her milk came back. We then got the foal back to nursing. The colt took a month to clear, and we are working hard with the filly. She is almost there.

But we spent over $800.00 in Vet bills, trying hard to find the Why, the Vets had no ideal. We ran test after test, still no why? It was a mini horse owner who help us, they had been through and spoke from their experience. I will always be so gratful for their help. The members can only say what they have been through, its up to us to decide whether to follow it or not. Sometimes you take the information to your Vet and say could this be it. Or will this work? Our Vet had not thought of salt block. How long would we have gone till we figure it out? We also discovered our feed had to much salt in it for the babies. And have switched them. But we would not have know if it were not for other mini horse people. I am so grateful to have friends we can turn to, who might have been there.

Vicky

jdomep said:
... We are not "practicing medicine" when we share what "we" did for a certain illness etc!  If I tell someone the B*R*A*T diet works great for the poops- I don't want to have to put a waiver that I am not a doctor - I am a mother of 4 and I feel experienced in certain things (especially about boys LOL)...

476165[/snapback]

There is a fine line in what's considered giving medical advice and what isn't. Sharing a diet is not a problem but if you tell someone for instance, "Well I think your child has X disease so you need to give them X perscription" is where the trouble starts. If you do, you can be held legally liable for a bad outcome and even face charges if someone wants to file a complaint about what you have recommended. You can however, quote a resource that contains the information as so rather ingenious folks did on the main forum a bit ago.
aktion033.gif

I can't recall how many posts I've seen that ask, "How many ccs of (name the drug) should I give?" and lo and behold there is always someone dumb enough to publically tell them. That is the stuff lawsuits and prosecution for practicing without a licence is all about.

I don't think Lyn has prescribed or said anything out of line, at least I hope not--I haven't read all her posts, but you all need to understand that her case is one of focused harrassment due to a previous matter. I don't know, nor do I want to know, the details of the outcome of the previous issue but if they couldn't make the charges stick they will just keep coming at her until they find a way to do her harm.

Which is why I really think ML should delete all threads pertaining to this matter and not give them a resource to collect things that will further complicate the matter or open others on the forum to harrassement as well.

Last edited:
Shirley; You know I just luv ya but... I am one of "those dumb" people who has answered how many ccs or mls or tabs or whatever. I always say to confirm with your vet but in my experience I have used.....if I should be sued...bring it on.

The bottom line is this is an informational forum. WE are a family. we laugh, we cry, we squabble, we fight and make up but the most important thing is we have is a willingness to help one another.

If I have to think twice before I answer how many SMZs should I give?, or what is the recommended dose for Naxcel, or how much should I feed my foal, or how often should I worm and with what...why bother being here at all.

Someone has a horse that is throwing itself on the walls and floor in obvious colic pain and they run to us....of course I would recommend Banamine and I would suggest doing it orally so as not to harm either the horse or person. How many of us have to wait more than an hour for a vet! Heck I am WAY out there!

When Thera went down in labor I was so happy until I saw that red bag. I did call the vet instantly but had I waited Missy would be dead. Because of THIS FORUM I knew what to do and I alone pulled her and saved her. The vet got there 40 mins later. That's fast for her after 8pm. She said she wanted the forum addy so she could see all the things tol earn about miniatures! She also asked for Dr Pams email so she could ask her any mini related questions!

I, for one, will continue doing and being who I am. I think the bottom line of this with Lyn is to cause her pain and embarrassment not to censor her.

I would love a PM to know who is behind this Lyn, so I can avoid any and all contact in the future. God forbid I ever give any advice to them. AND to kill this topic is counter productive Shirley. It has shown the great spirit and love we have for each other and desire to keep being the great helpful family we are.
wub.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I am an active member of the Yahoo Cushings/IR site. The detailed exchange of information on that site has without a doubt saved the lives and/or improved the quality of lives of countless horses. There are also Founder websites, etc. - all that exchange information that is invaluable.

There are some horrible websites on the intranet that I personally find a lot more dangerous than a miniature horse chat room.

Absolutely unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back