Relationships stink........

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy that sucks! But he did you the biggest favour by breaking up with you. He was absolutely cheating by behaving like that, and you don't need to be treated like that! And then to turn it around and make you feel bad. You did nothing wrong, he did, simple as that. Mr Right IS out there and when you find him BOY you'll be pleased you didn't waste anymore time on that butthead.
default_yes.gif

Adam,

You were RIGHT to question, and obviously the answer speaks for itself. It's better you found out now than later! Yes, it hurts, but things happen for a reason and what seems like a disaster or tragedy today, may be a blessing in disguise!!

Keep your chin up and dont EVER settle for second best or less than you deserve or want, and dont EVER let anyone make you feel guilty, when the guilt clearly lays somewhere else!! Never allow someone else to treat you like a rug or with less than respect.

Love is grand, and a relationship can be too, but only if it 'fits' and is the right thing. You will find someone eventually- just be happy in life and keep your expectations up.. it will happen!

P.S. Just edited to note that if he was going to that extent already, who knows what else was going on, or what was fixing to? And that was just one you happened to catch!

Last edited by a moderator:
So how long is the right amount of time to wait to start looking at relationships again? I have gotten asked out a couple times but just don't know that it's quite right yet. What is the right way to know?

I don't think there is a "right" time. You'll know when it feels right. I just would say make sure you've got all your feelings sorted before you move onto anything else "serious", its just not fair on the next person if you are still dealing with 'baggage' from your last relationship. You know that saying "Love like you've never been Hurt" As tough as that is, I think its the only way to enter a new relationship. In saying that, in the meantime there is nothing wrong with some fun dating to make you feel good and help you move on with things. (more fun than moping around at home anyway!)
default_aktion033.gif

Stay strong and don't settle for anything less than the best, you are doing great!
default_aktion033.gif

Adam,

MiniV is right.

You did NOTHING wrong.

You should be able to expect faithfulness in a relationship. Texting,hanging out, cybering leads to more and in itself , is an unfaithful behavior.

He was turning things around and trying to make you look like the bad guy. Its not YOU that is to blame, it is HIM.

DEMAND better for yourself. There is someone out there that these things mean the same to them. Someone who wants and demands faithfulness in a partner, and you will find that person. Don't try to hang on to a relationship that does not feel right. It will end up making you sick, mind ,body and soul. Having to worry about faithfullness in a relationship becomes a full time job, the worry never ever leaves you for even a moment.

I hope that, soon, you find someone that is deserving of YOU.

Hugs for you,

Robin

Adam,

I think your heart will let you know when it's time. Don't be in a rush!! Enjoy life, your horses, etc... Trying too hard may bring you the wrong relationship again just to 'fill the void'?! If you are content with life and yourself, it will happen... believe it or not, it is not an 'urgent' matter that you have to find someone right away! And sometimes things find YOU when you least expect it or aren't even trying! Being in a hurry also may have you not seeing some of the quirks or personality traits of others that you would normally observe that you may not like....

Latest posts

Back