Registration Question....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcwallis

Reaction score
If you have an unregistered pony/mini who's dam is ASPC and sire is AMHR, can you register the horse as an AMHR if it's small enough?

Thanks

Lynda

It could be registered National Show Pony Registry (NSPR) with DNA from one parent but it cannot be registered ASPC or AMHR.

Can't be hardshipped?

It seems like, if minis were bred down from shetlands, you could somehow get this registered.

L

Last edited by a moderator:
If the horse is under 34" at the last hairs the horse can be hardshipped into AMHA...and then registered into AMHR.

AMHR doesn't allow hardshipping. So the only way possible is to get the baby hardshipped into AMHA (have to be 5 years old and under 34"), then you can hardship into AMHR. So from registry to registry, but not from unregisterd to registry. But you can as an ASPR (american show pony registry)....I think. Those horses are taller since kids can ride them, but you can still have littler one in there.

I got another interesting question...I was curious what about a Hackney pony who just lost its papers..Can you register is NSPR or ASPR whichever it is? I know its within height just never knew anything about all this...

ASPR - American Show Pony Registry - open to Registered Hackneys, Registered ASPC Shetlands, and Shetland/Hackney crosses. ASPR is a breed and performance registry. ASPR x ASPR will = ASPR (as will ASPR x ASPC and ASPR x Hackney).

NSPR - National Show Pony Registry - open to get of one registered ASPC pony OR one AMHR registered mini - ASPC or AMHR parent and get must be DNA tested. NSPR is a performance only registry - not a breed registry. NSPR x NSPR = grade. NSPR x ASPC = NSPR, NSPR x AMHR = NSPR, ASPC x any other breed = NSPR, AMHR x any other breed = NSPR.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back