registration question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longhorngal

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is it possible to register a horse with AMHA if you only have copies of the sire and dam's papers? I'm thinking it's probably not possible but thought I'd ask just to make sure. There's a little gelding I was thinking of going to look at but that's all she's got as far as paperwork on him.

Thanks

Cara

You're right. Not possible. To register the little guy, you need a registry application form with signatures from the both the sire's and the dam's owners. And if the gelding is over 6 months, he's going to have to be DNA-ed and Parent-qualified. Plus, pictures will have to accompany the application.

Also, make sure that both parents are registered with AMHA before even thinking of pursueing this.

MA

That is extremely risky and a lot of footwork to try to hope to get him registered. Buy the horse as if it is unregistered, and if you can get anything to work out it'd be a miracle.

There are plenty of geldings out there that are properly registered with papers in order, if having a registered horse is important to you.

Good luck!

Andrea

Thanks,

I figured that was the case but just double checking....
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back