Registration Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debbiesshelties

Reaction score
Hello,

When you get married and your name changes, do you need to change the name on your horse's registration or is there and easier way to do it?

Thanks,

Debbie

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to check with the registries.

My friend divorced a few years ago and AMHA would not change the horse to her maiden name.

I think unless some are not permanent you may have to keep them in the original name, at least as far as the breeder goes.

In AMHR, I informed the office that my information had changed. I didn't bother changing paperwork that I had already (such as papers in my name) but all paperwork thereafter reflected the changes.

It's not a big deal. Your member # stays the same and that's what counts I guess.

Andrea

Or, you could do what I did. When I re-married, I kept my old name. I didn't want to fool with changing deeds, ss card, driver's license, or anything else. Anyway, as I told everyone, my friends were too old to remember a name change, and so was I. !

Or, you could do what I did. When I re-married, I kept my old name. I didn't want to fool with changing deeds, ss card, driver's license, or anything else. Anyway, as I told everyone, my friends were too old to remember a name change, and so was I. !
I feel about the same. I forgot to mention that it has only taken me 2 yrs to get around to changing things LOL.

Thanks everyone the registries got back with me with the info.

Debbie

Same as Disneyhorse for me
default_smile.png

I didn't get minis til after I was married, but with my saddle horses (APHA, AQHA and Arabian registry) I was able to just leave the name on the papers, but my membership reflected a name change. I sold one mare since, and the brand inspector asked, I told him I had a name change, and he said no problem and we finished up the paperwork. [Also, on my half-Arab gelding's papers; my dad is still listed as co-owner, he's been gone for 16 years; I have no intentions of selling him, so didn't even bother to contact the registry when he passed. The gelding is 26 years old, so will live out his life with me here on the ranch.]

Latest posts

Back