Registraion Question For Weanling.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devon

Reaction score
I was hoping someone here may know
default_smile.png

I Co Own a mare with my friend and for registering the foal what do I put under Owner of Dam at the time? And can you put Devon Glodziak/Janice Zijlstra. Then If I do that do they only need one persons membership number? If one of us owns the foal then they send it in under their membership # will it stills tate the breeder as both people?

Hope thats understood LOL Im no good at explaining :DOH!

Also same thing for transerring her to our names. lol
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I have this straight, the mare is not in both your names? When you co-own a horse then you get your own member number. and if the foal will be owned by both then you just use that number. If she is only in one name then I would just start with the foal, otherwise you need to get the mare transfered into the co-owner number!!
default_wacko.png

Hope that helps!!

lol ok I sort of get that
default_biggrin.png

Well we are sort of thinking something up mare we just bought still in old owners name. But the mare may be one of our fully and the foal one of ours fully :DOH!
default_wacko.png
So we just wanted both our names for breeder but if the co owner thing is a hastle lol then we may have to think of somehting else.

When It says additional owners on the paperwork, put one of your names there?

I did that for my gelding- I put my name in the additional, and my moms name for the main owner. We are both listed on his papers.

Make any sense?
default_biggrin.png

If you co own the mare, you will list both names as owner of the dam at time of foaling, if one of you will own the foal then you will have to transfer the foal from both names as you both own the foal because you both own the dam. When you register the foal just fill out the transfer at the bottom at the same time with a transfer fee.

Wow confusing
default_wacko.png

I hope your getting all this dev, cause im definately not :DOH! :DOH!

neither one of you guys will be the breeder of the foal. The old owners will be the breeder, you guys will be the owner of the foal.

Yep, the breeder is the one who bred her. So the person you bought her from.

Since you both co-own the mare, you both co-own the baby. You have to pay transfer fees as if selling the foal to get it in just one name. So say, Devon you want the foal, then Janice and you will have to transfer the foal into your name. And same with the mare if you want one owner on her. That's how I see it.
default_smile.png

Well we bought her bred but the people we got her form bought her bred too
default_rolleyes.gif

So the original person who owned them at the same time is breeder..?

I feel kind of silly now
default_rolleyes.gif
haha. I am probably making an easy thing more complicated.

Last edited by a moderator:
No the owner of the foal is the owner of the mare at the time of foaling. The breeder is the person who is the owner of the mare at the time of service. There's a section for owner of foal (owner of mare at time of foaling), then there's a section for the description of the baby, and then the third section (if I remember right) is the breeder information. Then the bottom section to be filled out by the breeder if you don't own the mare and stallion at the time of service. You should also have a stallion service report to go with it. I remember only becuase I went through this last year. Big fight, but needless to say, the owner of the mare did not transfer the mare into her name when the baby foaled. So I had to get back with the original owner and get her to fill out the papers.

If the mare is still in the old owners name, then you will have to have her fill out the papers like she owns the mare still. Her name will go on as owner of the baby. Then you will have to pay reg. fees plus transfer fees to put the baby in your name. That's what I had to do. PM me if you don't get it.

Ok think i've got it..

:DOH!

Thanks alot guys!!!

BIG help!

I'll make it a bit simpler. The person who owned the mare when she was bred is the breeder. If Devon wants to own the mare and Janice the foal or vice versa, well then wait until the foal is born, once born, transfer the mare into the person who wants to own her and when registering the foal the girl(Devon or Janice) owning the dam just has to fill out a transfer form for the the other girl and send it with appropriate fees and photos. Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back