Registering Foals/Breeding Reports - Alerts mare owners?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acresaway

Reaction score
Hello,

When I register foals and when I fill out the paperwork (I believe its called the breeding report... the form about the stallions and what mares he is bred to) to the AMHA and AMHR - do the mare owners receive any notification of my stallion being bred to their mares? Just wondering if they received official paperwork or if it is something I need to document to them.

Thank you!

Dawn

I would hope they would know who their mares are bred too, but no, AMHA nor AMHR will notify them of their mares being listed on a stallion report. You must provide all mare owners with a Breeders Certificate stating that your stallion was bred to their mare and on what days they were bred or the dates they were pastured with the stallion.

Agreed... it's the stallion owners job to fill out and file the reports with the registries and provide the mare owners with the breeding certificate, so when the foals are born, they can be registered.
default_smile.png
The mare owner is notified of nothing, so it falls on the stallion owner to keep good and accurate records.

Latest posts

Back