registering a foal ??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TPs flat rock acres

Reaction score
iam waiting on papers from someones stud I used and paid a stud fee how long should it take to receive this paper and what is involved with actually getting it? can the form be down loaded, printed, signed by stud owner and just mailed?

I am assuming that you are saying you sent your mare to be bred by a stud off your property? In that case when you went to pick up your mare you should have been handed a "Stallion Service Certificate" - all they have to do is print it out off of the website and fill it out and hand it to you. On the SSC they fill out one side to keep, and put on the 2012 stud report that is due for that year, and then hand you the other half for you to keep.

this is someone who allowed me to bring the stud here. It made room for them for a bit but it was agreed I paid a fee and Icould use him they never gave me a paper so I have since asked for it and still haven't gotten it so wasnt sure if it was a lengthy process or just simple to download and fill out. do you have a link to the forms?

The owner of the stallion will not only have to provide you with a stallion service certificate but will have to file a stallion report with the registry. Forms for AMHR and AMHA can be downloaded from the registry website.

Are you sure the stallion is current in both registries? If you would like to send me his name, I can see if he is permanent in both. If he isn't he will need to be to register the foal and if he is AMHA he also have to be DNA tested. Then you need to call the registries and ask if there is a stallion report and if there is then check to make sure your mare is listed on it. I wouldn't trust the stallion owner at this point to have done the paperwork. Check it as soon as possible.

TP I am in a similar situation only I purchased the stallion. I may now have an expensive unregistered gelding and a show guality filly who may never be able to be shown or registered by him. I can also tell you that the registry probably will not be of much help even if you have the documentation to prove it.Because they said to me today to go to the breeders farm and get the signed documentation and if the stallion can get transfered to me I would still have to parent gualify my filly through DNA because the breeder never sent in the stallion report I paid her for. The registry should penalize dishonest breeders for this in my opinion as I did have all the documentation. Hopefully your dealing with a honest responsible person wich it seems I am not.

For them to file a stallion report, they need the registration info on all your mares you bred. They would also need this to fill in the stallion certificate. All the forms are on line for anyone's convenience and takes just a few minutes to fill out.

SIHRI, this is a pet peeve of mine, sorry I just felt the need to respond. I hate doing paper work, but it is a necessary evil. I can't stand stories like yours, it breaks my heart, and puts us good breeders in a bad light.

I need to add, good breeders want to stay in business and encourage new people to come in, they are needed for sales, not to provide the appropiate paper work is just dishonest and discourages new people from buying. shame!

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally if you can't do your paperwork why bother breeding. Its hard enough to place registered horses sometimes, think of how much worse it would be with unregistered ones. Those are the ones that are hard to trace and end up in bad situation most of the time.

I don't mind paperwork at all, anytime anyone needs help, just give me a buzz. I would be happy to do what I can.

Karen

I think I possibly have his name but not sure. waiting to hear back from the person on what his reg name is but looked on line. can I pm it to someone to search for me?

I had a similar problem but I owned the stud. I could not get the mare owners to get me the mare information to save my life! I finally left a message that the Stud Report was now late and that she (mare owner) had to pay the late fees. She wasn't happy about that one bit. But I knew if I didn't get that report filed I'd hear about it this spring when she couldn't register her colts. Now she's mad that she has to pay to be a member of AMHR to register the colts. Ha ha some people.

I hope you get your paperwork figured out. If there wasn't a stud report filed I'm assuming a late one can be filed still (someone correct me if it's too late) but there are fees along with that. Good luck!

Yes you can file a late stud report- with a fee. I had to on a mare that I was SURE was not bred so had not added her to the report- after all, she was only in with the stallion for a few days. Ha, that taught me a lesson. But the point is, I filed late reports and she is now double registered.

Latest posts

Back