Region 5 AMHR/ASPC

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWC sr.

Reaction score
Who all is going to the Area 5 Regional show is Ardmore, Oklahoma this coming weekend?
default_saludando.gif

We will be making the trip with 6 head and getting to see our Boy (Majic) that Belinda Bagby has for the first time in a while.
default_aktion033.gif

It is going to be fun.
default_biggrin.png

I am even planning on packing my fat rear end into show clothes for a change. LOL
default_no.gif

2 of the grandkids (Megan & Katelynn Falcon) are going to be showing also.
default_wink.png
default_wub.png

Hope to see lots of people there and put some faces with the names.

Come by the stalls if you get a chance!!!
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_488.gif

We sure hope to be there, Jerry just switched to night shift starting tonight. He will be working till 3:00 a.m. Friday morning, then driving there as soon as we can get loaded and on the way. Afraid he will miss his over and under roadster classes. Hope not, but it sure looks that way.

Rosa Roca will be there. We're showing an over W. Co. Pl. horse and a under SHowmanship horse on Saturday and on Sunday we'll be showing an under W. Co. Pl. horse and a yearling over halter colt.

See everyone there!

Pat Elder

I'll be there, with about 1/2 my string......

It's going to be HOT!!! but fun I'm sure......

We have some other plans this weekend also, but will be in and out on Saturday with a broodmare to qualify. The rest of the show string will be staying at home in the shade!

What is the name of the new facility there?
It's the Hardy Murphy Coliseum. The coliseum itself is an older facility but has been remodeled and there are new barns and stalls. And the coliseum is AIR CONDITIONED for summer shows.
default_smile.png

We'll be there! I have my over WCP gelding Sunny and under CPD mare, Pinkie. Jane is bringing her under CPD stallion Elvis and under WCP stallion Lotso. Supposed to be HOT!

We are in barn #7, come over and visit us!

Lucy

I am beginning to think I was insane to sign on to go! It is HOT!!!! We will be there with 5 in tow, 4 halter and 1 driving horse.

My friend and I will be there as I am bringing a stallion that I sold to someone plus a shetland mare for someone else to look at. My friend is bringing her stallion to show.

Minih, Petie will be coming with us. Will his girlfriend be there also?
She would not miss it!!! Chasta painted her toenails for the last show maybe she can be talked in to getting pretty again for him
default_wink.png

Wishing good luck to those going to the show.

We'll drive up on Sunday just to watch. Still having major problems getting reliable help to care for our animals when we're away. We're bringing a dog show friend from Wisconsin with us. This will be her first mini show ever.

Good luck, safe trip and stay cool!

Mike, Isabella, and I are going to be there.
default_new_multi.gif
We are looking forward to seeing everybody! We aren't taking any horses ourselves, but will have two with Belinda there.
default_smile.png

It is hot here in Oklahoma this week, so everybody should plan on cooling off at the watermelon party on Friday afternoon/evening!
default_saludando.gif

Hey Lisa maybe we should schedule your horses again every time we do it storms or floods
default_wink.png
default_laugh.png

Well it all starts in the morning, sure looks like a competitive show.
default_wink.png

Lots of good horses from what I can see.
default_wub.png

We will keep you posted on the results as best we can.
default_new_shocked.gif

Good Luck Everyone.
default_saludando.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif

Well, my parents are there right now. They said it is 104 degree weather and the barns and arena are not air conditioned. So far my mom has won both 1st in Open and Amateur Halter Obstacle with her over horse Rage, and both 2nd in Open and Amateur Halter Obstacle in the under classes with Knightly(Whiskey River). There is still jumping, hunter, and driving classes that they are in. They said that the classes are small. The halter obstacle only had about 5 horses in each.

The Shetland classes were a little on the small side today and it was hot. But we all lived through it, I think anyway. The quality of the horses though were awesome.
default_wink.png

The durn facility overbooked the site from what I heard and had another venue going on inside the A/C show arena when they got here. So we were relegated to the secondary arena which is covered with fans, but still HOT.
default_yes.gif

All in all though it was a fun day.
default_wacko.png

Tomorrow the mini's start and away we go. LOL
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png

Boy was it hot today. 103 - 105 was what I was told. I felt every degree of it. LOL
default_new_shocked.gif

But the exhibitors endured and the horses were really nice today. Tommorow we get the air conditioned arena back and it should make things a lot better.
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif

I ask the office about the number of horses here and was told there were 276 horses so far with a few expected to late enter tomorow. Nice size show and the competition has been good from what I have seen.
default_new_multi.gif
default_risa8.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back