• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Miniature Horse Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Reg. mini mule driving gelding

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xrdh

Reaction score
Jasper is a 7 year old registered miniature mule who is gentle, smart and talented. 32" to 34" tall. He drives, jumps, and excels at obstacles. He has never bitten or kicked anyone and he gets along well with my other minis, big horses and dogs. Jasper has never been lame or sick. He is all white except for one black spot. Good conformation. Nice, correct legs. He loves attention and has won me many ribbons at shows. I don't want to show anymore, and just want to drive out in the woods by myself. That's the problem. Jasper has bolted on me in the woods twice. Once when vultures flew up beside us and once when he saw a deer. At this stage in his training he is not confident enough to be alone in the woods driving. I will reluctantly let him go to an experienced driving family who will drive him in a pair for at least a while. I will buy him back if he doesn't work out. Buyer will be referenced and vetted and must drive pairs. Eastern WA state. $500Jasper's first show June 20, 2015 driving.jpgJasper front view .jpgJasper and Jewel at geo.jpg

He’s a beautiful mule. I wish you could keep him.

Did you find a good home for Jasper? I've run up against the very same thing--a driving horse that goes perfectly as long as his pal is along. By himself, he is dangerous. I sold mine, too, and specified that he drive as a pair. He went to a great home with a driving buddy. Some just can't be by themselves, and a driver has to recognize what he can and can't accomplish.

Did you find a good home for Jasper? I've run up against the very same thing--a driving horse that goes perfectly as long as his pal is along. By himself, he is dangerous. I sold mine, too, and specified that he drive as a pair. He went to a great home with a driving buddy. Some just can't be by themselves, and a driver has to recognize what he can and can't accomplish.
I still have Jasper. No one responded to my ad. I might try again in the spring. You're so lucky to have found a good home for your guy. I really stress about finding a great home for this guy. I can keep him, of course, but it seems like such a waste of talent to have him just hang out all day and night. Buy back agreements don't seem to be worth the paper they're written on.

I put mine on Equinenow. It is a free site. I got several responses. The first two I turned down. The people who bought mine came from southern AZ all the way to OK to get him. He matched a horse they already had and they were thrilled to get mine.
Sure hope you find the perfect spot for yours. It is no fun working with a herd-bound horse. It's amazing how great they are when a buddy is along, and how dangerous they can be alone. I am looking for a new driving hrose myself; I've had 3 herd-bound ones in a row. It has zapped my confidence for sure. But I have to drive by myself and I just have to have a horse that can go somewhere by himself. My driving horse i will be 23; I need a younger one to let him retire somewhat.

I know what you mean about buy back contracts, or contracts of any kind. I misjudged a person and the "forever home" that was promised turned into a one way trip to an auction. Lies, lies and more lies. I'll never forgive myself for giving that person a living animal. I even did a home check, and visits after the animal had been placed and then the lies began and she was gone.

I know what you mean about buy back contracts, or contracts of any kind. I misjudged a person and the "forever home" that was promised turned into a one way trip to an auction. Lies, lies and more lies. I'll never forgive myself for giving that person a living animal. I even did a home check, and visits after the animal had been placed and then the lies began and she was gone.
My worst nightmare!!! Why don't people just sell the animal back to the original owner? I suspect that mini owners are worse than large horse owners. They seem to often be collectors or hoarders and sometimes keep them in tiny hovels with poor fencing. "The neighbor's Pit Bulls attacked my mini!" Well, duh! Look at your crappy fencing.

I can't seem to find an experienced person with good fencing and facilities to buy my good, but chicken, driving mule so I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a carriage to drive a pair. I'm guessing he'll be fine with his buddy right next to him to protect him from those terrifying deer we encounter in the woods.

:)
I can't seem to find an experienced person with good fencing and facilities to buy my good, but chicken, driving mule so I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a carriage to drive a pair. I'm guessing he'll be fine with his buddy right next to him to protect him from those terrifying deer we encounter in the woods.
Sounds like perfect solution!

Latest posts

Back