Reflection of memorial

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linda K

Reaction score
Well I am back from the two memorials held for our friend Ron Hayes. Both were very moving services. The first was held in his home town, with his brother and family and all of there friends. There was a very touching point of the service with the military horn and flag folding. Some of the miniature horse society club traveled to the service as well. Ron would have been so proud. Rons brother, Rick presented both Terri Harrison and I with Urns of Rons ashes . Ron had asked us if we would spread some of his ashes at our places in the event of his passing. We considered Ron part of our family and are honored he felt the same. I thank Rick for allowing us to do that, as I know it must be hard.

The second service was held at Heber Springs. Rick and his family came to this one too. There were many of Rons "horse friends" at this service. Some of his friends from the hospital where he worked were there, including Pam, who played on a flute, a song of which she composed especially for Ron entitled "Ronnie". She actually came to see Ron on Veterens Day and Ron came into the living room so he could see the flag flying outside as she played.

Others who attended was Lisa of Ozark, Wild women ranch mom, Larry Parnell, and many many other friends.

The ministers left the mike open to anyone who wished to talk. Several did. They were all very moving and gave alot of insight into who Ron really was. A very caring, happy enjoyable man to be around, who always had a smile on his face. But one of the most touching moments was when Larry Parnell got up and talked about the first time he met Ron, about when he came to this years convention, all the way to when he drove for him this last year at nationals to bring home a national title. It was nice to hear everyone laugh at how Ron loved that chariot race, and how he is racing in heaven in that golden chariot now, looking down at us all, and smiling, proud to have had all of those friends who were there. And we are all so proud to have had a friend in him. We will miss Ron, but he will never , ever be forgotten.

Please continue to keep his brother, Rick and family in your thoughts and prayers as well as Mr. Bob.

Linda Killion

Thank you Linda for the update, i continue to think of Ron and his loved ones daily
default_wub.png

Just have to add how special it must feel to be honored with such a request from Ron.

Yes, it is great honor. We loved Ron and I know he loved all of us too.
default_wub.png
I think I am going to keep him around a little bit, then I will do what he wished. I told Terri today walking back to the truck, carrying the urn, " cant you just see Ron looking down on us right now saying, Ha Ha I made you carry me ! " Thats the sense of humor he would of had. He wouldnt have wanted us to keep crying. We just had to laugh. I'm really going to miss that about him.

Linda

The memorial was beautiful. Linda, Terri and Sherri did a wonderful job putting all of it together. There were lots of pictures and a slide show of Ron with his different horses and of course with the Chariot. There was some touching pictures of Ron and Bob from the Dixie Stampede, too.

Larry parnell managed to really relay Ron's essence - he did an awesome job and I am sure that Larry is correct in saying that Ron is up in heaven racing around in a Chariot.

The first time I ever talked with Ron was over the phone and he needed a harness for his Chariot horse. 30 minutes later I knew this man was special and defintely one of a kind. In our first conversation he told me that he had a great butt and legs and that he was getting a short costume so everyone can see that. At convention he told me that he had lost that great butt but the legs were still good. He was truly a man that found joy in every situation.

You will be missed Ron.

Lisa

For those who knew Ron much better and longer than I, you were truely blessed to have someone so special in your lives.

Latest posts

Back