Red Donkey

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracyCCF

Reaction score
I have two lovely jennets that I aquired back in the late fall, and hadnt really planned on doing anything with them, other than let them live with our cow herd. I put them in there late fall, and we really have begun to realize what a good job they do keeping dogs, etc. out of the herd. But now, I have seen a georgeous, red donkey on a web site of someones. I had never seen such a lovely "Sorrel" donkey. NOw I want one.

I thought, I could breed my jennets to a red, and maybe , get lucky, and get a sorrel. No, nobody around here has one , or knows anyone who does. Where are the breeders out there that have true red sorrel. I did find one on a equine site, standing at stud, but I couldnt ship my girls that far, just to breed them.

Are they that rare? and if they are, why isnt everyone breeding them?

we have 2 sorrel jacks, one deep red roan sorrel and one pink sorrel. Where are you from WI? Sorrels are beautiful and unusual. They are also the most expensive color aside from a true deep NLP black. Lazy N in Iowa breeds sorrels, Hickory Hills in Texas has nice stock and they have a bit cheaper prices (about $2000 for a sorrel jack). Most of the breeders that promote having sorrels, will start their jacks at $2-3000.

Jenny

Latest posts

Back