Red Dawn is in the hospital with colic

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbie

Reaction score
Hi all-

Well, I'm back again to ask for your prayers and well wishes. You all helped her through her leg surgery and recovery period. She is back in the hospital again - this time with colic. She showed some signs of it yesterday and was treated with banamine. This morning I went out to feed really early as I planned to go back to Okeechobee for the "A" show today and she was worse. I ran back to the house and called Surgi-Care to tell them I was on my way. We were there 45 minutes later. She is full of gas. There were no obvious impactions on the either the ultrasound or x-rays. She did pass some loose poop right after we got there. I left she and mom in Dr Broome and staff's capable hands. She is getting fluids at this time. Her attitude as usual is great - she is such a spunky little thing. She was in Okeechobee with me yesterday. When we took her for a walk she wanted to run and play. Go figure.

Please pray for her. I am a basket case again as she is my little darling.

Barbie

What a wonderful little trooper she is! Sending prayers your way
pray.gif
wub.gif
!

I am so sorry you are having to go through this. My household will be praying for recovery. Good Luck and keep us posted

Thank goodness it is not impaction colic. Of all the colics, gas colic is the most treatable and has the best chances of a complete, total and usually very speedy recovery.

Special prayers sent your way -

Oh nuts Barbie, that little girl is really giving you a run for your money. Poor girl. Sure I'll make a prayer for her and a fast and speedy recovery and hope to hear that she is on the road of a full recovery really quick.

Hi-

Thanks for the prayers - quick update. I just talked to the tech up there and she said Dawn is running around her stall and passing runny poop. Isn't it something that hearing the word poop makes you feel better. I know she is not out of the woods, but I feel a little encouraged. Will keep you posted.

Barbie

Poor little girly. Sending healing thoughts and well wishes. (((((HUGS)))))

Latest posts

Back