Red bag nightmare avoided- thanks to LB forum!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations on a successful delivery! I am so thankful that you knew what to do.

A couple of years ago, I also had a red bag delivery - before Lil'Beginnings, I had never even heard of a red bag - I would have had no clue if not for this wonderful, informative board and all the wonderful people that are so willing to share their expertise!!

When I saw my mare in labor and saw the red bag, I thankfully knew what to do. The result was a gorgeous pinto filly - I will never part with her - she is a "Unique Treasure" (barn name "Neeka")

Looking forward to pictures of your precious filly!!

Congrats on your new baby and successful delivery!!! Thanks to Mary Lou and this forum and all the info here, I feel confident that I also could handle a redbag, should I ever have one! Another life saved!! Awesome! And cant wait to see pics!

I'm glad to hear everything went so well despite probably being pretty scary!
default_biggrin.png

Congratulations on the new foal!

We have decided to name our little Filly "Triple T's Rodeo Queen" She loves to buck
default_laugh.png

Pictures have been added to page one on the first post. Any ideas on color? She doesn't look quite as red in person, more of a tan color. Both sire and dam are bays. We are leaning towards a red bay.

Queenie has been doing great except this morning she has diarrhea. I spoke with the vet and we took her temp which was 101.3

THe vet said since she is acting normal, nursing, and doesn't have a temp I shouldn't be concerned. Of course I am. Poor little thing. Any suggestions on how to stop the diarrhea?

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the name "Triple T's Rodeo Queen" she is a little doll!!

I have had very good luck with feeding coconut macaroon cookies to my mares with the diarrhea,

one cookie in the morning and one cookie at night - it really seemed to help and she loved the cookies!

Latest posts

Back