Recommendations! WHO IS RELIABLE?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Driving4fun

Reaction score
Hi, wanted to know if anyone out there would recommend a hauler they have personally used themselves? I need one to haul a mini for me and want to get one I can trust. I need to get a colt hauled very soon from Kansas to NC and want one that will stall him byhimself and take really good care of the minis they haul.

Anyone having trouble getting haulers lately also? I have had no response to my ad for a hauler? Just thought I could maybe get some good advice. Can also email me privately at [email protected]

Thanks.

I'm a huge fan of All State Horse Express. I've used them before and I'll use them again
default_smile.png
I couldn't have been more pleased with them.

We sold a Morgan gelding that had to be transported from North Dakota to California this summer. We were very happy with the following transporter - and would highly recommend them:

Hauled Wright Equine Transport

1-866-877-5033 www.hauledwright.com

Cyndi

Hauled Wright is a great company, they have helped out CMHR several times. Worley Hauling, in KY is great too.

Ginny StP

We have used Sharrway Miniature horse haulers for a mare and 3 mo old filly from WI to NJ (1,100 miles )and were very pleased with them would definitely use them again.

Lori

I have a favorite hauler that I use - and I base my purchases on them. If they don't go there, I don't buy it. I just don't see alot of sense in spending thousands of dollars on a horse and then skimping on the hauling. I havd one mare brought in that had never left the trailer for a week - she had blood shot eyes, and bite marks on her.

I personally recommend:

Cyndy Salek

Miller Farms Equine Transport

[email protected]

843-320-9917 landline

They drive only 500 miles a day and then stay at a horse hotel. Sometimes they will lay over a day or two if one of the horses isn't acting right, or if the weather is unsafe. The welfare of the horse is always first. They email twice a day to let me know where they are, what they are doing, how the horses are - if they're eating, pooping, etc.

I love these guys - and would trust them with my own life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone who has replied! I am going to get right on this and do some emailing. I want to know that my little one will be well taken care of and I do not have to worry the whole time(even though I will anyway).

I just love this forum and all the people here. It's like you can just run and ask anything anytime, like a big family to count on!!

Thanks again, maybe I will have better luck now!

We use All State Horse Express, they are listed on my links page. Very reliable and keep you posted the whole time till they arrive at your door step, and reasonably priced. They make the trip out on the eastern states twice a month. Ask for Karen or Barabara for a free quote.

We have used Wayne Hinkle with Sharrway. Hinkle's are mini/pony people so they know how to handle them and our yearling filly came from Ohio to Oregon in great condition. Larry Cerullo is great, but I don't know if he is hauling anymore. Larry hauled a mini for us from Texas to Oregon and the horse coliced on the trip. He arrived here healthy after Larry great care, and Larry kept us informed of the horse's condition the whole way. Larry also hauled my 2 full sized horses from Oregon to Wyoming. Nationwide hauled a pony from Florida to Oregon and 2 young stallions from Illinois to Oregon. The stallions were barely broke to lead when they were loaded and came to us all trained :) How's that for extra effort (though I think it was self preservation on their part). Great guys driving and took it all with humor.

Jean

I wouldn't hesitate to reccomend Worley's Hauling.

606-526-9408

Mari@Worley'sHauling.com

Husband and wife team and they own minis themselves.

Over the years I have had excellent service from Worleys Transport, Larry Cerullo (Miniature Ventures), Allstate Horse Express, and Horsein Around. I would recommend any of them.

Susan O.

Hauled Wright does an exceptional job!

Something else you may want to ask when getting your transport lined up - how do they disinfect the trailer and what do they use? I have this from my hauler...

I thought of the minis, these horses are locked in a closed environment for days almost weeks at a time even though we off load to the horse hotels... we can't control anything else, but we can control the time they spend with us. Walt routinely powerwashes the outside of the trailer, but I decided to try the toxin-free cleaning on the inside. Did a nice job cleaning, but it doesn't really disinfect. So I contacted the Deirdre Imus Foundation and found out I can get their disinfectants sent to me by the gallon and 5 gallon drums, the same that the shelters and humane societies use that are NEARLY non toxic. Costs $40 a gallon + shipping, but, in my mind worth it. It just seems to me that little guys have more delicate and susceptible organs. When they go south, they go on an express train. The less we expose them to, the safer and longer their lives are. I use it in the water buckets and water troughs here now too. The minis are closer to the ground and therefore what is in the ground is closer to them. What we wash the floor and walls with effects them more. The shavings we use here are non toxic, we get them from a wood working factory before the wood is treated with chemicals.

Weanlings, minis and seniors spoken here, loud and clear.
This type of treatment and proactive thinking is where I want my minis to be. These guys are awesome and always, always have the welfare of the horse placed ahead of the $$$.

Another thing that you may want to inquire about, when booking transport is "How long will it take for the haul, when will my horse get here, how many states will he be going through?" We know that not every horse will have a direct trip but I dont' book unless it's somewhat a direct trip. I don't want a horse going all over the country for two wks before it gets to my farm. Shorter, more direct route is always better. Zeiglers and Roricks do a good job too. I use Worleys and Sharrway too.

Latest posts

Back