Recall of 4.8 Million Box Fans

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davie

Reaction score
I found this on the CNN website this morning. I know I have several of these fans that I use in the horse stalls at shows and have several in my home so will be checking them all out. As you can see by the story there as already been 7 fires of which 2 were in the home and 1 in a barn.

Please check to see if you have any of these.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- About 4.8 million box fans are being recalled by a Pennsylvania company because they pose a fire hazard, the government said Thursday.

Lasko Products Inc. of West Chester, Pa., is recalling the fans as an electrical failure in the fan's motor can lead to a fire, the Consumer Product Safety Commission said.

The problem was associated with seven reports of fire -- including two house fires and a barn fire -- that caused significant property damage, the commission said. No injuries were reported from the fires.

The U.S.-made fans were sold between July 2002 and December 2005 at major stores throughout the United States. They ranged in price from $12 to $25.

The commission said the recall affects Lasko box fans with the model numbers 3720, 3723 and 3733; and Galaxy box fans with model number 4733 that have the date "2002-2003" or "2003-2004" stamped on the bottom. Model numbers can be found stamped or printed on the bottom of the fans.

For those who own one of these fans, contact Lasko for a free fused plug safety adapter. The company can be reached at the toll-free number (877) 445-1314 or the website www.laskoproducts.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember this from a couple of years back, I threw out all of my lasko fans and also Galazy fans which were also recalled. thanks for bringing this back to our attention. The new fans that I bought cost alot more and didn't hold up very well, so I will need to buy more this year.

I remember this from a couple of years back, I threw out all of my lasko fans and also Galazy fans which were also recalled. thanks for bringing this back to our attention. The new fans that I bought cost alot more and didn't hold up very well, so I will need to buy more this year.
This is a new recall just issued today. I saw it on the news just this morning.

Oh geeze... now I'm going to have to get on a ladder and check all those fans we've mounted over the stalls to see what brand they are! Thanks for the tip!

Latest posts

Back