Really crappy day

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you all! Please let me know if there's anything we can do (remember, I don't do carpentry....lol)

I would say a "crappy day" is puting it mildly.........
default_sad.png
I feel so badly for your losing your little filly. Hope your mare is handling the loss okay........

MA

that is by far the worst hail i have ever seen... we get it here too but not more than pea-sized... the pictures were horrific! i feel so bad for you, all that work ahead of you, but by far the worst is the poor filly. my heart breaks for you
default_crybaby.gif
:

prayers and good thoughts headed your way.

Oh my goodness I am so very sorry for the loss of your filly...my heart just broke reading your post! Your pic of your rooster was heartbreaking too and I was so sad reading about all the critters that got injured....I am so sorry for this horrible day!

Oh Marlee, We saw on the news that some area's west of us got the soft ball size hail. My heart goes out to you. I am so sorry about your filly.

I hope all the rest of your animals will be ok.

If there is anything we can do for you guys, let us know.

Cindy

WOW!!! We had golf ball size a few years back and I remember its damage. I am truly shocked that you dont have more! How weird that you have to have seperate insuranse for it, our reg policy covers it. Sucks not having the ins though and NO , you arent ranting or whining. Hope everything works out.

[SIZE=14pt]so much loss, i am so sorry that this has happened. i did not realize hail could do such things, just terrible. keeping you in my thoughts, Nikki[/SIZE]

You know when I read this yesterday I just could not respond I was so horrified. I just thought now I would come on, hoping and praying to see good news of your baby. I am so sorry. My heart is just broken for you. I can't even imagine what that little girl went through. Sending good thoughts your way. ((((((HUGS &
default_wub.png
: ))))))

Thanks everyone for your comments, despite everything the last couple days have been better, busy but better.

Damage done to our stuff has returned to "just" stuff and we'll survive with a few adjustments. Instead of keeping three fillies I'll only keep one, instead of only selling one mare I'll offer two or three and studs...well I doubt even if I kept everything I don't think I need seven studs with only twenty mares.

What we lost in crops is equivalent to about two months wages and it's a good thing that the we have had so much rain so our pastures will come back because they have been beat to about 1/2 what they were before the storm. When I was buzzing around the country looking for our wayward cows I was surprised at how jumpy our other livestock was around the 4-wheeler till I remembered the sound moments before the hail came, it was a huge roar, like a train barreling towards you. Two cows and one QH mare are all lame from the hail, honestly I was surprised we didn't lose more than we did. We had bought a lottery ticket the day before this happened (we maybe buy 6 a year) and the hail came down in such a narrow band (2 miles across) that we thought maybe we hit it big, but no we don't have that kind of luck.

Again thanks for thoughts, they were appreciated even though most of you have never met me. Adam, Cindy and Chesa I do need help,(or anyone else for that matter) my lawn chairs keep tipping over in the wind and I have no room in my fridge so I need to get rid of some beer. If anyone can help me with that problem your more than welcome to stop in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry about your filly & the damage. I hope things are better for you & your family soon!

:bgrin Oh Marlee! You are a HOOT! You crack me up! loL! For those of you who have never met Marlee.... I've had the privlage of meeting her up at the South Dakota show back in May and she is a VERY nice person that will go out of her way to help others! And has some NICE horses too by the way!!
default_wub.png
: That is a VERY tempting to help you with your lawn chairs and help finish that beeer!! loL! Especially with my kid's ball tournaments going on!! I wish you were a hour or two closer! I'd take you up on that!! :bgrin

Marlee, I've also been thinking about your little roo. How did he make out? Did he recover? That pic was just so sad!

Oh shoot, i read this too late today, Otherwise I would have to Roger..."let's head west and help Marlee hold her lawn chairs down" LOL

Seriously, I hope all the rest of the livestock is ok. And you guys keep getting some rain out that way, to keep your pastures going (minus the hail)

Take care.

:saludando:

When I first read your post the other day, it took me a bit to recompose myself for any sort of response. :no: We were hit with a hail storm back in February, all our horses, but one, were caught out in it. It was in the middle of the night, around 3am, when it came over us. They all had sore backs for a couple weeks, but thankfully were ok after time healed. Tornados touched down over us, took our barn roof. The one horse we had in the barn, our gelding Chuckie, was very rattled as he was in shelter one moment and out in the "elements" with the rest of them, the next. Thankfully he suffered no injury though, the only one out of all six we have here. Very rattled when the barn roof went to the air above him, but so thankful he wasn't taken with it. Thanking God for that.
default_unsure.png
: Then the tornado lifted back up and touched down again, just past us...taking 21 of our neighbors with it...
default_crybaby.gif
: Lord have mercy.

Our ferrier and his wife, Mike & Melinda Sluss, were two of them who perished. Thankfully, their 16 year old son, Aaron, was spared, but not without serious injuries that kept him hospitalized for weeks and weeks afterward. God be with him always and forever.

So thankful you and your family are ok. Holding in prayers for your filly and the loss of your other pets. God be with, protect and heal.

Latest posts

Back