Really Bumbed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Betsy

Reaction score
I miss this guy in Oklahoma I really like him.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
but now I live in Alabama. I don't know what to do???

I would like to fly him down here, but the tickets are soo much. I don't know if I should look on the net for singles like me that live in Alabama??

I hate being single it soo bites.
default_sad.png
default_sad.png

I was just wondering if anyone had any options??

I have heard of a few couples and I know two couples personally who found each other on EHamony.com. I think the reason it works better than others is the dig into your personality more and boy, these two couples I know are like two peas in a pod. If I were single and wanted a mate, I'd sure give it a try.

You have to be truly happy being alone to be truly happy in a relationship. If you are still missing someone, I think you should take some time before trying to find someone else. Instead of looking for a boyfriend, I think you should look for some friends to hang out with. I would start by joining a local club for something you find interesting, or by volunteering at a shelter, or rescue.

I agree with mininik. Get involved in things, keep busy doing stuff you enjoy and meet new people that way. Once you develop a circle of friends you will find what you are looking for with out looking. Better to learn to enjoy who you are before trying to be a couple. Real relationships are hard work and time spent understanding yourself first will make that work easier. I suspect you miss the guy you left behind because you are lonely and bored. Flying him out to see you will not change anything in the long run, he will go home and you will be alone again (and broke besides
default_wink.png
). Find a way to fill your hours and the lonliness will go away too.

I met my husband on the internet in 1999, we were married in 2000. We have four of the best years of my life when I suddenly lost him. So have faith, love will find you and when it does, you will be happy you waited. Audie and I had more in our 4 years than most people have in a life time. I will never regret a day of it. So you keep looking, your Mr Right could be just around the corner.

There's a lot of women who miss that "guy in Oklahoma". I have that effect on many women. I'm sorry. You'll never really get over me, but you will move on in time.

The others are right. You'll be better off getting yourself comfortable before moving on.

There's a lot of women who miss that "guy in Oklahoma". I have that effect on many women. I'm sorry.
default_risa_suelos.gif

Mike, you may find this hard to believe, but you're not that "guy in Oklahoma". In fact, that effect you mention... memorable yes, charming not so much.
default_laugh.png

I have heard of a few couples and I know two couples personally who found each other on EHamony.com. I think the reason it works better than others is the dig into your personality more and boy, these two couples I know are like two peas in a pod. If I were single and wanted a mate, I'd sure give it a try.
[SIZE=10pt]I'm one of those incredibly happy e-harmony success stories
default_aktion033.gif
[/SIZE]

Mike , You absolutly kill me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_laugh.png

Your such a nut !!!!!!!

Linda Killion

Mike--You are quite the card!! Well, my husband was my very first boyfriend but I had many of boyfriends.
default_wink.png
As a matter of fact, I wish I could have more boyfriends.....okay I'm seriously kidding. When you are ready to meet a man, try the grocery store and parks. I've had more men start long winded conversations with me at both places.
default_wacko.png

There's a lot of women who miss that "guy in Oklahoma". I have that effect on many women. I'm sorry. You'll never really get over me, but you will move on in time.
The others are right. You'll be better off getting yourself comfortable before moving on.
Hey Mike,

"You're the reason God made Oklahoma".. -hear me sing-
default_wink.png

You guys don't pick on Mike.

He's really figured us out. The way to a womans heart is by tickling her funny bone.

When you "search" for something, chances are you won't find it (sure it has worked for some, very few some)...best to just go about life, it will happen when you least expect it.

Mike - I don't know you - but, you gave me a laugh.

minimomNC - I had no idea and I am so sorry for your loss.

I think the internet can work for a " few". I have a recently divorced cousin that have met some real LOSERS. So, if you are going by the internet...BE SAFE.

My daughter had dated some not so great guys ( im my oppinion a couple I could not stand..another topic).

She got her feelings hurt by this one guy. So, she moped around the house for awhile. I told her Amber, you really need to start going out with your friends again. She was 18 and had already decided she was not going to date another guy for a long time.

One night, she finally went out to eat at Ruby Tuesdays with some girl friends. She came home and she said mom guess what I did? She said I left my phone number on a napkin for this really cute waiter.

Well, I went off the wall - I said Amber what are you thinking? She said mom I have never done this before and I just did it - I don't know why. Well, needless to say I was not to happy with her. But, my daugther and I always had a mother first and friendship after - so, I said thanks for telling me - but, don't ever do that again. You don't know anything about this cute waiter.

To make a long story short - This cute waiter - was working - while going to college and is now my WONDERFUL son-in-law.

So, I think what you should do first is find some " girl friends" and maybe you already have where you live. Then you will find " Mr. Right" where you least expect it. My daughter had went months moping and crying and saying she was not going to date anyone for at least one year. Well, she didn't make it a year..LOL.

I guess what I am trying to say - In my daughters experience anyway - She was too hurt from this other guy and just was not looking to date - that is when she met her Mr Right.

I dont know why my post was deleted but here i go. if you want to hear a good story about love go asl lvponies she is a amazing gal who meet someone just down her street and they have been dating. I hope she can help some as well as others on here.

Latest posts

Back