Really Bumbed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Betsy

Reaction score
What should I do?

I am really bumbed on not having mini's and I really miss showing, I just don't know what to do

anyone have any options?

default_crybaby.gif
default_bye-sad.gif

Can you get your own minis again?

Are their farms around that could use some help in exchange for letting you play with one of their minis and maybe show it if they go to shows?

I say check with mini-owners in your area and see if they need any help (as Jill suggested). If they show, they may very well greatly welcome a pair of extra hands and let you show some of their horses in return. Win/Win!!
default_biggrin.png

I read your thread on the back porch but I am confused. Do you mind me asking how old you are? You don't have a youth (waving smiley face). How is it that your Mom felt she had the right to sell your minis? Sorry if I missed some info but I am struggling to get the story straight. Would you mind giving me the whole story.
default_wink.png

My Mom sold my ponies a couple of times which made me very sad and she also took my dog to the pound so I have an idea of how your feeling
default_no.gif

Do you mind me asking how old you are?

I am 28 will be 29 in september 27th

How is it that your Mom felt she had the right to sell your minis?

Dad was real bad sick almost dying, she had a hard time taking care of him and them.

I was in a school in Ada,Oklahoma for 4 years. I was not there where mom and dad were.

I wasn't even there when he passed away in July 30,2005.

That sucked BIG TIME!!!!

Oh dear. I am sorry
default_no.gif
This is a tough situation. But keep your chin up. I'm sure you will figure something out
default_wink.png
Everything happens for a reason
default_yes.gif
Thanks for filling me in.

I am still bumbed. what bumbs me more is Nationals is coming up in Sept, Man I am jelous.

ya'll are lucky!!!

I hate being stuck in Alabama.

Hi there, I know how you feel. I used to have a mini gelding that i showed when i was a teenager but i way to competative and my parents decided it was best for me to sell my horse, if you ask them they wont say the forced me but the pressure they put on me to sell was so strong that i did. I don't regret selling him because i learned a lot in the years where i did not have a horse, i also had more time for my social life. I still don't have a horse at this time, but i have taking riding lessons, and been going to more mini shows and talking to old friends and although i really want to get back into it money is an issue now because i just bought a car and i moved out and thats life. I'm working on picking up a part time job so start saving up but it could be take a year or more to get the horse of my dreams and i can do is wait.

I know it hurts to have your horses sold even though you wanted to keep them, and i know how hard it can be to want to show but not be able to. It does get harder around Nationals and Worlds. But maybe you need to take some time off from the horses and if in a year or however long it takes you really really want to get back into it then do it. You can always see if any barns around you need any help or would let you show with them in the mean time.

-Vanessa

I want to go to Nationals and see everybody, but sister is being a butt. she gripes it's too far and I guess it is.

I HATE BEING IN ALABAMA!!!!

What should I do.

Well, your an adult get a proper education and job and MOVE! Its your life and your destiny.
default_rolleyes.gif

That's what I was thinking, Floridachick, but maybe we're missing something...
default_wacko.png

Latest posts

Back