REALITY CHECK - KATRINA

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am an AOL member and in the news clips for today are 23 pictures.........one is of people on a porch/roof, etc, with a hand written msg that they are NOT leaving, have dogs, need food & water
wub.gif
another, which brought tears to my eyes, is of a man holding his dog that he had just located after several days --- he was holding that dog across his chest and over his shoulder, hugging him and crying.

This picture just said it ALL....he was so relieved of the worry and guilt and hurt of that dog being, well possibly dead. THIS is why rescuing animals for these people is so very important and not something that means we don't care for humans. In fact, it shows how much we DO CARE.

I understand not all animals can go into these crowded people centers -- it could be dangerous for everyone -- but, some of us can go along behind and help collect these family members, then care for them until they CAN reunite.
wub.gif
yes.gif

My heart just breaks for the man and his old chihuahua in the tree.
no.gif

The suffering on the minds of the mini and pet owners that have lost and are losing their beloved animals is something as hard as a death in the family as some of these people the animals are all they have. They rely on us to care for them they give us their unconditional love and we should not forget that we are their family. The are GOD's creatures and he has entrusted on loan to us and he blessed us with them. We need to honor that trust. I guess that is where I am different from others, I raise minis because I love and enjoy them, to me they are not expendable or just a business, they are part of my life.

I could never walk away from them or look in those big doe eyes and say goodbye.
sad.gif

Latest posts

Back