Ready Now?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This afternoon, on the monitor, I saw her lying flat out with her legs tensed. I went racing out there. When she saw me, she relaxed, got up, and went to get a bite! We didn't even bother testing her milk today as it was as low as it could go yesterday. Please pray that everything is alright! Thanks! Holly

Don't panic, I think she's 'practicing', when she really goes into stage 2 labor she won't stop. They all have their own way of getting there, you just got one that's a little different, welcome to the club ;).It's going to be soon hang in there. Praying for you, Sally and the little one:).

Here's what see looks like this evening. Her milk was clear but sticky; we didn't ph test it since it was as low as possible yesterday. Baby is still riding sideways. I'm on my way to bed. Hubby watches her first shift. Blessings, Holly IMG_20200508_190259.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200508_190305.jpg
    IMG_20200508_190305.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20200508_190341.jpg
    IMG_20200508_190341.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20200508_185242.jpg
    IMG_20200508_185242.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20200508_185306.jpg
    IMG_20200508_185306.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 15
Any news? I think I'm more worried about Sally than Tilly.....it's harder not being there.

Tilly's laying out flat sleeping too. I just found out she's foaled during the day AND at night. That puts a crimp in my afternoon survival nap.
How many times has she foaled?

I would LOVE to see a foal during the day. Not going to happen. Hubby is pounding on her roof, and neighbors have Jr. Nascar going on!

Poor Sally, nope I don't think you're going to have a baby during the day.

I was able to track down some info on Tilly. She has had at least 10 foals, probably more. This is the 5th in the last 5 years and her last. Do you have any idea if Sally has had any before?

I am very jealous of your weather. We've had a polar vortex the last couple of days. At or below freezing with strong winds and snow.

Praying you have a healthy foal tonight with everything easy for Sally.

Thank you for your prayers. I will pray for Tilly as well. I hate that kind of cold! We get that sometimes, but usually not this late in the year. Poor Tilly has been a breeding machine. I like that you said and her last.

I don't know anything at all about Sally. She was from a rescue. Her vulva has always been pretty elongated, so I'm thinking she's had a foal or two.

LOTS of cow patties today and cranky. Poor thing wants OUT of her maternity ward. Hubby secured all ways Baby could get out of the nursery. Thanks for drawing that to my attention. I had to put my neighbor's colt back in his pen day today.

Hopefully we both will have good news soon.

I hope you both have safe deliveries of healthy foals, and that you don’t have to wait much longer! We may have the beginnings of some udder development happening, so in a month or so I’ll probably be in the same boat you ladies are!

It's a boy! Looks like his mom. Hubby was on watch. He woke me up to show me the baby cam. Saw a definite contraction. By the time he got to the barn, baby was half-way out with a normal presentation. Hubby had to help baby out of the sack. MVIMG_20200510_000903.jpg By the time I got out there in the time it took me to call the vet and put my boots on, we had a baby! Vet came and checked everyone out. We're thinking of calling him Sterling, but is that like the most common name for a silver colt? I have no idea!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! He's adorable!! Please post more pictures and updates. I think Sterling is a great name, anything you want to call him is good.
All the worry for nothing BUT if you hadn't been watching and there it sounds like he wouldn't have gotten out of the sack, he's alive and happy all because of the two of you :):):):):):):):)
Now you get to relax and enjoy him.

It's a boy! Looks like his mom. Hubby was on watch. He woke me up to show me the baby cam. Saw a definite contraction. By the time he got to the barn, baby was half-way out with a normal presentation. Hubby had to help baby out of the sack. View attachment 41310 By the time I got out there in the time it took me to call the vet and put my boots on, we had a baby! Vet came and checked everyone out. We're thinking of calling him Sterling, but is that like the most common name for a silver colt? I have no idea!
Adorable!

I am so new at this. I've never had a baby equine so am learning quite a bit as situations arise. I'm pretty sure Sally has done this before, but boy does she use tough love on the little guy! She doesn't like him near her food or water. She even flung him a little hard with her nose, and Sterling hit the wall!

Also, right after Sterling was born, we noticed his hooves very long and rubbery, and it freaked us out! When the vet got here, it was the first thing I mentioned to him. I was sure the baby was deformed! He laughed and explained all about "foal slippers."

Are there any other surprises I need to know about? He he. MVIMG_20200510_000856 (1).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200511_091945.jpg
    IMG_20200511_091945.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20200511_092426.jpg
    IMG_20200511_092426.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Back