Ready Now?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holly Chisholm

Reaction score
Sally tested 6.4 last evening on Maybe Baby. She was very antsy last night: lots of yawning, walking around, getting up and down, and rubbing on walls. She is also breathing more heavy than normal. SIMG_20200504_071850.jpg She is not eating this morning, which is a first for her. I sent this picture to our vet, and he said, "Today maybe! Stay close!"

What do you dear people think?

Last edited:
Just fed lunch; she only wants the alfalfa, not the senior or Bermuda/alfalfa cubes. Her milk ph was 6.2 and was very easy to express. Her vulva color has not changed, poop not too loose, tail still working, but her sides are jello. She sure is cranky. Lots of up and down, yawning, hitting sides with her noses,cratching on walls, and breathing heavier. Hubby is going to reinforce the nursery area so baby can't get out and goats can't get in, and I'm going to take a nap. :)

Just fed lunch; she only wants the alfalfa, not the senior or Bermuda/alfalfa cubes. Her milk ph was 6.2 and was very easy to express. Her vulva color has not changed, poop not too loose, tail still working, but her sides are jello. She sure is cranky. Lots of up and down, yawning, hitting sides with her noses,cratching on walls, and breathing heavier. Hubby is going to reinforce the nursery area so baby can't get out and goats can't get in, and I'm going to take a nap. :)
Any update? Please post pics of baby!!!

No baby yet! Vet was out to check on one of our goats. He looked at Sally and said he didn't think she was quite ready yet because of her bags not being full. He also said minis aren't his specialty :) . We talked about what to do with problems in foaling. Everything I told him, I learned from here! I feel prepared for anything that is facing forward. he he. It's our second wedding anniversary today. It would be great if Sally gave us a little present!

No, milk is not sticky. It's kind of hard to express too.

Hubby said I was wrong; milk was easier to express and felt "thicker." I had a stupid scare. As I was watching her on the baby cam about 4:00, I thought I saw a red bag and went rushing out there (kit is already out there where no one can get to it). It was her BIG, DARK UDDER! :)

Hahaha!!!!!
Was your neighbor watching or was he lucky enough to just go out and find that cutie pie?

I hear you about seeing something on the camera that isn't there. My girl is pinto with a black head and white mane. Every once in a while when I'm squinting at the tv without my glasses on I'm sure I see a foal walking around. It's just Tilly with her head down looking for hay but I can't see her neck well so her head looks like a foal.

Sorry Sally didn't foal last night but relieved it wasn't a red bag :)

Neighbor is actually out on some dirt road a few hours away "racing" home at 45 mph :) His son-in-law went to feed and found this cutie. He called me, all excited of course, and I went over to check her out. He hasn't even seen her yet. I sent him pictures.

Oh the poor guy, I don't envy him that drive. Stress free foal watching though, LOL, sounds good to me :).

Enjoy your 'step'baby time

Happy Anniversary!

Aww, what a little cutie! Hopefully Sally got the idea of that's what she's supposed to do. LOL

We have cow pies and milk ph at 6.0!!!!! But........ is this considered slab-sided? And I am concerned that we haven't felt this baby kick much.IMG_20200506_123523.jpg

Awsome!!!! Don't worry about her not being stab sided, she'll get the foal into position, mine didn't look slab sided even in stage one labor. Her contractions and rolling will get the baby in position. Don't take your eyes off her, it's gotta be soon. Don't worry about the baby not kicking much, lots of them are very quiet.

Latest posts

Back