Ready Now?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awsome!!!! Don't worry about her not being stab sided, she'll get the foal into position, mine didn't look slab sided even in stage one labor. Her contractions and rolling will get the baby in position. Don't take your eyes off her, it's gotta be soon. Don't worry about the baby not kicking much, lots of them are very quiet.

Thank you sooo much!!! Had a face to face review on dystocias when he came out for a collicking goat. He quizzed me and I think I passed. Oh, and goat is okay. Then I had the doc look at my new gelding who was sold to be a big outfit out here that is supposed to be reputable. My 14 year old suddenly turned at least 20. grrrrrrrrrrrrr. THEN our big mare, the one who had ovarian cancer last year, collicked,(after the vet left, of course), but that resolved fast with a dose of Banamine. AND it was our second anniversary! I need p r a y e r s !!!!! Thanks! Holly

Hahahaha!!!!!!! Retired teacher not proofing.
Sending everything I've got your way!!

It's 6:30 here, heading out to the barn as soon as I get a cup of tea. I was sure you'd have a little one by now. I'll check back in when everyone's fed and out. She can't hold on much more......

Not a darn thing. The last few nights have been more quiet than previous nights. She's just standing calmly eating now. Anything going on with Tilly?

Absolutely nothing. I think pregnant mares were made to either teach us to have LOTS or patience of drive us crazy. I figure with Tilly not following the rules at all she will either start looking like she should and then I will wait more or she's just going to decide to have it with little to no warning.

1:00 pm and Sally's Maybe Baby was all yellow without a hint of green until it started to dry. Milk was cloudy and sticky. She has been laying down flat out a lot! Her vulva is partly opened but no color change. When she's up, she's either eating or scratching. Poor thing has rubbed the top of her tail off. IMG_20200507_125650.jpg It takes two of us now to get a look at her. Thank goodness she loves her cookies!

Reactions: Taz
Poor Sally, it's got to be really soon.

It's almost 3:00 am here. It's 55 degrees F and Sally is breathing heavily. She has been breathing heavily for several days, but it's worse now. I can even see some head bobbing as she is laying sternally.

4:30 am now. Lots of laying flat out, then head pops up and she looks at her hind in. Still slight head bobbing from heavy breathing. Now laying flat out again.IMG_20200508_043153.jpg

5:30 am: Sally has been rubbing on every square inch of her stall. Now she is standing quietly in the middle of the stall. I'm praying that there isn't anything wrong. :( Her milk tested 6.0 yesterday around noon. She has been VERY uncomfortable all night, but once again, after the sun starts to come up, everything seems to stop.

She is till standing in the middle of the stall, but she is constantly lifting up all four of her legs and shifting her weight - very uncomfortable.

I can't believe you don't have a baby yet!! She can't hold out much more, it's got to be tonight. Although if there's one thing I've learned it's they will do it their way no matter what. Poor girl, she'd feel so much better if she'd just get to it.

Nothing to report on Tilly other than she's doing it her way. I'm up every hour at night checking on her. The milk strips haven't gotten here yet but I would think soon, thank you again :)

Latest posts

Back