Ready for the next phase of the project.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitney

Reaction score
Someone mentioned they sucked a string through with a vacuum. Attached the cable and pulled it through. I need to find out what kind of string and did you use a shop vac or a house vacuum? Thank you for your help.

Kim, you need a "fish-tape". See if your electrician cousin or whoever that was has one you can borrow. I'm not sure how long the one Ed has is, I'm thinking 100' maybe, but I think they come in various lengths for pulling wire thru conduit. It's a reel-looking kind of contraption.

Ginny

kim, you didn't already glue all your pipe together in the ditch did you? Hope not.

All you do is lay out your wire next to the ditch first. It's going to want to coil, so weigh it down a little bit at first. Now, the pipe should be in like 8 foot lengths, so just run it through one pipe at a time. Every time you add a pipe, just glue the joints together.

Just in case you already glued your pipes together, well then OPPSIE! And yes, you will then need that reel thingy to bring it on through for you. But if they are not yet glued, just take them apart and do one pipe at a time.

Danelectriclines.jpg

I believe they used a continuous piece of conduit. About 400' or so. Fish tapes are rarely over 100' so that would be a hard one to find.

I have heard that you can tie a plastic bag to a light fish line and then use a shop vac at the other end to pull it thru. Then use that line to pull a heavier one thru to use to pull the wires.I personally would pull extra wires and also an additional piece of pull cord. You will someday want to pull another wire.

I just LOVE you GUYS!

Marty I'm trying to AVOID oppsies at ALL costs. And your right that electric line wanted to coil up like a snake. I'm running 3 seperate wires as big around as your thumb, that snake almost swallowed me WHOLE. (I hope you REALLY appreciate that hubby of yours for doing your lines!)

AlB is right its a continuous piece of 1" water line, but the only "they" in this project is me and my alterego.

There is an urgency to the project now, a mini sale on Friday that I REALLY want to go to in Warsaw IN, but can't until I can get this "little" project done.

FARMHAND where are you? ( I think she actually used this idea for 1000' of line)

AlB I'm heading to walmart to get the longest heaviest piece of fishing line made at lunch today. I like the plastic bag tip. I was thinking a Pom Pom, just goes to show you the different ideas the opposite sex can have. Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back