Read Any Good Books Lately?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently read Watership Down by Richard Adams and the sequal Tales from Watership Down (also by R. Adams) and LOVED both of them. So creative. Great characters. I have also been into a manga called "Return to Labyrinth) it picks up years after the movie Labyrinth and I have been having a lot of fun with it. Unfortunately for me the third book got pushed back to November.
default_laugh.png

I finished Bart King's Pocket Guide to Mischief. I love books that are sort of hard to find and are very unusual. Very funny and great read for those young at heart and love a good prank. Plus I finished What Would Jackie Do?. Cute book about Jackie O. But I would highly recommend The Pocket Guide to Mischief.

I just finished "The Shack" by William P. Young. I found it very interesting but would love to hear others thoughts on it, that have read it. Its really hard for me to find books that hold my interest and I am so glad this post got started because I have been hunting some really good books.

Mendy

OMG!! Great topic! I am almost done with the second run through of Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series!! They are young adult vampire novels but AMAZING!! Literally could read the series over and over! The fourth book comes out in August
default_aktion033.gif

Can't WAIT!!!!
default_yes.gif

[SIZE=18pt] Fearless Fourteen[/SIZE] by Janet Evanovich, [SIZE=18pt]LOVE[/SIZE] the Stephanie Plum series....

OMG!! Great topic! I am almost done with the second run through of Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series!! They are young adult vampire novels but AMAZING!! Literally could read the series over and over! The fourth book comes out in August
default_aktion033.gif

Can't WAIT!!!!
default_yes.gif

I second that.

I rarely ever read "just for fun". But, my friends convinced me to read the first book, Twilight, and I was HOOKED. I couldn't put it down, and read the whole 3 books in the 3 weeks (And that was me spacing it out..
default_biggrin.png
). I have never been one for books with vampires and such in them, but this book is so much different. It is a big love/adventure story, and not a lot of violence either. Honestly, they are the best books I have ever read.

Needless to say.. I will be at the midnight release on August 1/2 for Breaking Dawn, the last book in the series.
default_wub.png

I'm with you guys, LOVED Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series and I just finished her book The Host a few days ago, she is one of my favorite authors, once I start one of her books there's no way I'm putting it down!
default_biggrin.png
default_rolleyes.gif

I like murder mysteries; think it is hard to beat Jonathan Kellerman and James Patterson; also read some Jeffrey Deaver, Dean Koontz, and Faye Kellerman. I seldom note the titles of such books, though--read the synopsis and if it sounds interesting, I'll read it!

Jill--I've read-in fact, I own- all but one of the Stephen King books you listed, but don't recall one titled "Blaze"?? Can you tell me what it's about?? I can't believe I've 'missed' a Stephen King! I also have read and own most of those he wrote under pseudonyms, too--Richard Bachman, etc.

I have to be careful about picking up a REALLY good book, for I truly won't put it down, and tend to get nothing else done!

Margo

Jill--I've read-in fact, I own- all but one of the Stephen King books you listed, but don't recall one titled "Blaze"?? Can you tell me what it's about?? I can't believe I've 'missed' a Stephen King! I also have read and own most of those he wrote under pseudonyms, too--Richard Bachman, etc.
Margo -- It's under "Bachman". Here's a link. I haven't read/listened to it yet but looking forward to it
default_biggrin.png
Jill

http://www.stephenking.com/blaze/

I just two night ago finished; Dean Koontz: Darkest night of the year, I found it to be a very good read.

Before that I read NIcholas Evans, The Smoke Jumper and again thought was a great read.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally read The Kite Runner recently and it was fantastic - I highly recommend it for those who haven't gotten to it yet.

I was on a reading binge earlier this year, some memorable books some not. Haven't had much time lately - and if I'm in a good book NOTHING else gets done.
default_biggrin.png

Read a couple by Lisa Scottolini, well written entertaining reads - I'd never heard of her but will be looking for more of hers. Also enjoyed Labyrinth by Kate Mosse, and half a dozen others I can't remember.

The Stephanie Plum books someone mentioned are great - easy, fast and fun reads.

I just finished one called The God of Animals - a little different and not one with a "happily ever after" ending, but a good book about a girl whose father runs first a training then a boarding barn in Arizona. If you like books with horses, it's a good read - the author obviously knows her material. Think I found it on the bargain table.

Jan

I had a book I finished in June I really liked . it was called

Storm Warning

The Story of A Killer Tornado

by Nancy Mathis

it's about the May 3rd 1999 tornado.

I love storms,and would like to be a storm chaser.

I also love Animals.

I just finished Once Upon A Day by Lisa Tucker

It is a story about a father who kidnaps his kids to keep them away from "bad stuff" of society, though he has told them their mother is dead, and how they cope when the brother leaves to find out about his mother's death...and his sister sets out to find him.

Angie

Latest posts

Back