Re: Frankie's post about showing R minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes at one point the welsh was used in the american shetlands.....and I agree in fact I saw a few years back at a shetland breeders farm ...she had foundation/classic only.....she had a young grey colt who was at first glance I was certain he was a small section a...nope he was a foundation classic
wink.gif

OMG people, get off it!

I should keep my mouth shut but I am feeling a bit testy today so here goes.

Dont you all know that the miniature horse is an original breed from centuries long past and all we have done is line breed with great skill and developed the more elegant, leggy, horsey looking animal that the modern American Miniature Horse has become known to be! No pony was ever used for this process.

Oh my, I feel better now, it is amazing what a bit of sarcasm will do for a person! LOL
wink.gif

Dont you all know that the miniature horse is an original breed from centuries long past and all we have done is line breed with great skill and developed the more elegant, leggy, horsey looking animal that the modern American Miniature Horse has become known to be! No pony was ever used for this process

NO no no they arrived on our planet via alien spacecraft
wink.gif
wink.gif

The other theory I have is they actually are originally bred and kept by fairies but were stolen from them by royalty who wanted them for the princes and princesses to play with
biggrin.gif

I like the Alien dropped them out of a spacecraft one- the Fairies kept them is too like the "true stories" already in circulation!!! I once told someone at an exhibition we were doing that they started off as full size and then I put them in the washing machine on "boil wash" and then in the Tumble Dryer for two hours!!!!

So do all you breeders see strange lights coming out of the sky when new mini arrive? LOL

I used to get so bent out of shape about the whole horse mini thing too. Which is actually rather funny because I used to call my full sized horse "My Little Pony" But since ponies of the correct size are able to be registared as mini I kind of gave it up. I just tell people that a miniature horse is smaller than a pony.

I like the 'alien' explaination too, I have one for sure that seems to have just stepped off the ship. LOL

The Alien one is good! I've actually been at a seminar given by a long time mini breeder/judge telling a very large crowd that minis were descedents from ones kept by royalty in Europe and have been bred down - blah blah blah! Oh please - she should know better!

If someone comments on our Minis calling them ponies, I let it slide, as there is lots of pony blood in our Minis which I've always been proud of the long documented history/pedigree.

But, if someone asks what the difference, is well they better be ready for an earful, as I will go into the 'Shetlands are a breed with a registry . . .' and 'Minis are a height . . . that has Shetlands, other ponies and horses . . .'. I stop when their eyes start to get glazed from the information overload.

Latest posts

Back