Raven's Thread: Updated video at 1 month page 78

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StarRidgeAcres

NOTE: My cell phone: 314.415.0050 PLEASE call if you see anything! Heather's cell phone: 803.466.0629

This is Raven Beauty. Today (2/23) is her day 290. Raven is a 5yo maiden, 28" tall. She is a 3X World/National Champion, AMHA ROM (Open halter) and all around sweetie pie!
wub.gif
She is bred to World Champion and multi-producing World GRAND Champion stallion Little Kings Black Velvet.

Heather at Mulligan's Run Farm reports she has a bag developing and is progressing nicely. She's also apparently taken a liking to the new foal and stares at him through the fence and leaves her hay to watch him
default_new_shocked.gif
. She doesn't leave her hay for ANYTHING!
laugh.gif

I will update this thread if/when the link to her cam changes as mares progress and are moved around at the farm. Thank you in advance for looking and prayers for ALL the mares due this year.

Current location (as of 3/18/12):

http://www.marestare...?alias=mulligan

http://www.marestare...php?alias=mrun3

http://www.marestare...php?alias=mrun2

The picture attached is Raven in 2009 in her win shot for Reserve World Champion Solid Color Mare with Ed Sisk.

ravencolor143_040web.jpg

Last edited:
Hi
default_saludando.gif

Raven looks to be a lovely mare!

I will keep an eye on her when I can
default_laugh.png

how very exciting for you!

This must be a very promising foal

Oh Parmela finally she is up on cam
risa8.gif
she is adorable and I will watch her for you as much as I can. I bet your tummy is doing back flips
blush.gif
but baby will be here soon enough.

Renee

2.10 am and she is at the hay rack

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone!
default_saludando.gif

I think it really hit me yesterday (her day 290) that this is real and it's also REALLY scary.
default_ohnoes.jpg
I know everyone has one or more opinions on breeding mares this size, so there's no point debating that here, but I'm still scared. Of course, I'd be scared no matter what size the mare is as breeding is never easy and can certainly be very stressful and sadly sometimes heartbreaking.

But we'll all try to stay positive and hope and pray for safe and healthy foalings for all the babies still to come!
default_pray.gif

I am looking forward to seeing this baby too, sending good thoughts for a safe foaling and a live heathy baby. Do you have names picked out already?

aktion033.gif
Well said Diane. and just for moral support ( not cos we love to share)
laugh.gif
here is my 30" girl with her first baby, a filly that she had all on her own whilst I was taking the kids to school.

last year she did it again all on her own at 1.00pm whilst I was feeding hubby
wacko.gif
she had a tiny adorable colt. This year she will be locked in and under cam
wink.gif

Wow! Can't wait to see this baby! Thank you for letting us help watch!

Megan that is Odette with her first filly Fairy, she is due this year with an Eagle foal in April. 2 years ago with Eagle I got a lovely black colt.
aktion033.gif

I'm going to share too LOL!!

Little Heidi (now retired) with her second foal for us. She's 29" (28" American) and pops them out with no problem!
default_yes.gif

worzel.jpg

Welcome Parmela to the funny farm - great to have you on board! Raven is such a sweet looking little girl and she is obviously very happy to be in the maternity unit.

Sending good wishes for a safe foaling and a gorgeous new little baby.
default_yes.gif

oh I agree Anna!! how cute!!! hehe.

Renee I am even more excited to see Odette's baby after seeing that filly!!!! very very cute

how is Raven tonight?

Oh my goodness! These tiny mommas are TOO much!
default_wub.png
Thanks for posting pics of yours, it makes me feel better.

Tonight, Raven is just hanging out. She didn't get out today because it's bad weather there. So she seems a bit stir crazy.

As for names, none yet. Just a superstition of mine, but I NEVER pick out names until the foal is delivered and I know it's healthy. Just my weird little thing.

Last edited:
No worries Parmela, we never name our foals until they are safely on the ground and even then they usually get nicknames - their proper names come a lot later!

wow I was at a lose all morning without my LilB fix perhaps I need some rehab. Well this funky new look has me totally lost and I can't find the emoticons. lol

wow I was at a lose all morning without my LilB fix perhaps I need some rehab. Well this funky new look has me totally lost and I can't find the emoticons. lol
I know what you are talking about. I was worried about the ones watching mares on cam for each other and wondering who was near foaling. I guess they have phone #s and emails to get them through. I was mainly worried about somebody needing to post asking for immediate help. Did anybody (besides me
default_smile.png
get a foal? Emoticons are down but seems can get a smiley with : followed by) maybe?

Just you with the new bay to play with (sad face) so you better give us some new pics
default_smile.png

Just you with the new baby to play with (sad face) so you better give us some new pics
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back