Ravenloft Miniatures' 2011 foal is finally here....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShaunaL

Reaction score
I'm so excited to finally introduce our only 2011 foal, a beautiful, delicate filly born Monday evening at 345 days gestation. We haven't decided on the perfect registered name for her yet but we've been calling her Bliss. I'm a little lost on her color, she can only be a black sabino, bay sabino, grulla sabino or bay dun sabino. I was leaning towards black sabino but now I'm not so sure, maybe she is a bay sabino after all? Her face is very golden, her body is silvery and I can't tell if she has stripes or not. Whatever she is, I am thrilled with her
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
I can't wait to show her in halter later this year, I haven't seen her moving out yet but judging by her shoulder, neckset and legs I think she'll be a fun one for driving and liberty too
default_smile.png
Her sire is my former stallion Pacific Masquerade and her dam is my Little Kings Buck on Broadway daughter, Buck On's Bad Girl.

She could use some positive thoughts, tonight she was hospitalized so they could work on her rear legs by splinting them. She was born with very lax tendons in the rear, I was hoping she would improve without splinting but I finally had to concede that she needed more help to straighten up
default_sad.png
We will be at a show this weekend and between that and the need to monitor the splints and adjust them often they wanted her to stay. I know she'll be ok, but some positive thoughts and prayers that her legs will gain the strength they need without complications. Her little legs are so tiny and fragile, I worry about the splints doing even more damage but I know it's what she needs.

Here is our little dream come true... most assuredly a keeper
default_wub.png
These pics were taken at only 12 hours old so she had a lot of unfolding to do yet. She is much more upright and necky now, I just can't even believe she's mine, I'm so excited!!
default_laugh.png

Troublefilly_headfront_4_19_11.jpg

Troublefilly_headneck_4_19_11.jpg

Troublefilly_headside_4_19_11.jpg

Troublefilly_headside_4_20_11.jpg

Troublefilly_Peyton_4_19_11.jpg

My 3 year old daughter is just beside herself in love with this filly
default_wub.png
All she ever talks about now is "my baby"
default_laugh.png
She is very upset that Bliss has to stay at the hospital until Monday
default_sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG Shauna, now I know why she cooked her so long, she is just adorable. No wander you are over the moon, I would be too.

You must be so worried about her but she is in the best place whilst you are away. She will be home before you know it with her perfect longs legs all sorted.

I am in love
default_wub.png

Renee Jewer

Look at those eyes and face markings!!! Beautiful!!! How about 'dream come true' as s name? I'm thinking of her! Stay positive! She will be home soon
default_smile.png

Thanks Renee! I think you've got some claim to her as well, with all those hours you put in watching the girls
default_smile.png
I can't thank you enough for the precious sleep you allowed me to sneak in here and there
default_wub.png

Thank you Dee, I love her eyes too
default_wub.png
That would be a fitting name for her, for sure
default_yes.gif
Thank you so much for the positive thoughts, I'm feeling very overprotective of her right now and freaking out just a little about her
default_sad.png

She's so pretty!!! I love her markings, and her barn name
default_wub.png
We named our palomino filly from last year Bliss, too
default_wub.png

Positive thoughts coming your way from PA. She is absolutely gorgeous.....congrats.
default_thumbup.gif

She looks like a little doe with those eyes and her delicate features. Wow! She is simply beautiful
default_wub.png
Good luck with her legs; I'm sure she'll be perfect in no time
default_yes.gif

I think you did just the right thing by splinting her. My 2yo gelding Cascadian was a little undercooked when he arrived, his legs were all over the place. Over the next couple of days his knees became worse, and when I saw one of them bent outwards I thought Flirty had stepped on him and broken his leg. I threw he and his dam in the trailer and called the equine ER while on the way. It turned out that it wasn't broken, it was just his lax tendons and ligaments. He was splinted for several weeks. Now, at age 2, he is straight as an arrow. Your little girls are both precious!!!
default_wub.png

Sending positive thoughts Shauna. She's just gorgeous! I missed her foaling by seconds, but got to see her still all wet and your family all crowding the door wanting to get a look at the little miracle. It was very sweet.

I'm sure she will be fine in no time and she sure is a delicate. Beauty!

Any chance she can carry silver? If not I say black.

I can see why you're so excited. She's beautiful!! What a gorgeous head, nick and big eye!!! Congratulations!! Sending good thoughts that her legs strengthen quickly.

Pam

Thoughts, prayers and positive thoughts headed your way. A simply adorable filly.
default_biggrin.png

Have you had the parents both color tested for dun, cream, black, silver etc. so that you know exactly what might come into play? She appears either black sabino, smokey black sabino or silver black sabino to me, but again, test results of the parents would be helpful.

She is an absolute DOLL, really gorgeous!
default_wub.png
Congratulations, and I'll add my good thoughts for her too.

Latest posts

Back