Rattle Snake Bite

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Southern_Heart

Reaction score
As most of you know I live here in the lower central part of Texas, where things will either stick ya or bite ya.

Last Tuesday Aug 2rd, one of my mares got bit by a Rattler.

So instead of posting it, I waited to see the out come which was a very good Happy Ending.

I have put all the pictures and my story of what happened on my web.

You are most welcome to view it.

I thank the Lord that I have a very good Vet!

Rattle Snake bite

Joyce

Oh wow, thank you for posting this. I am so happy your mare will be okay. That

is one big snake. I had no ideal what a rattle snake look like. Thank goodness

the mare will okay. A learning lesson for us. And what it looks like.

Vicky

Thank you for sharing

:new_shocked: OMG that poor mare, she must have some cat in her to have survived that huge snake! So glad she is on the mend! Amazing.

Im so very happy u had a good outcome!! Growing up here in Florida out in the country, our relatives and friends lost many full sized horses to rattlesnakes. The deer may be small here but the reptiles grow to be giants. As young kids we usually rode and played in groups and we learned to watch for snakes and to try and kill them or get help to kill them when spotted. But the snakes that would kill horses so fast were usually the giants that were well over 6FT to 9 or so feet long! If a horse gets a full shot of venom from something that big, especially if it gets bitten in the head like they usually do, well u have a dead horse. So glad u got the snake so it wont be growing any bigger!!! Your mare is very pretty.

I feel for you- I went through this 2 years ago with a mare that was due to foal ANY time!! I also, had a good ending thank heavens. I know some who have not.

Glad to hear yours turned out ok!! It doesnt look like the swelling was too bad, thank heavens, and I see you got the 'offender'!!?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, we are just so glad for a happy ending.

Also I think its a heads up for all to be very careful. Ya just never know where they will be!

Joyce :saludando:

Wow What a story. Thank you for all of the information you collect on your website. I have had it bookmarked for a long time. It is very helpful.

:aktion033: :aktion033: so glad Darla is going to be alright!! we had a close call last week ..Samson our lab cornered a 4 foot rattle in the barn under the feeder..Thats so scary...glad you had a happy ending....

Latest posts

Back