Rally August 20

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Reaction score
I mentioned this in another post and had a couple of people asking for more details.

Tony:

I hope you’re doing well. We’re planning a huge rally to follow the Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners public hearing on August 20th – and I’m hoping you’ll be able to help spread the word and mobilize folks to join us in Austin (and join us yourself, of course!).

As I’m sure you’ve heard, the TBVME is considering an administrative rule that would hurt non-veterinarians’ ability to float horse teeth. On August 20th at 9am, the Board is holding a public hearing, and it’s critical that horse owners, horse teeth floaters and their supporters attend to show their opposition to the proposal. At noon, we’ll be holding a rally across the street from where the Board will be meeting to show the media and the public that Texans will not sit idly by while hard-working entrepreneurs and horse owners have their rights stripped away.

We want this rally to be big. Will you be able to help us spread the word to folks about the hearing and rally, and mobilize people to join us in Austin?

I’ve attached the flyer and included the text below. Anything you can do to help us spread the word would be very much appreciated – starting with forwarding this e-mail. Feel free to post the flyer and details anywhere and everywhere, including on-line. And if there’s anything I can do to help make it easier for you to share the details, please let me know; I’m here to help!

(You’ll notice on the flyer I ask people to let me know if they’ll be joining us. That certainly isn’t required – I just like to have an idea of how many people to expect.)

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Best,

Christina Walsh

Director of Activism and Coalitions

Institute for Justice

901 N. Glebe Road, Suite 900

Arlington, VA 22203

(703) 682-9320

(703) 682-9321 (fax)

www.ij.org

www.castlecoalition.org

Twitter: @ChristinaWalsh

Subscribe to our YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/instituteforjustice

Support horses, horse owners and horse teeth floaters

Join us at a

PUBLIC HEARING AND RALLY

Friday, August 20th

Public hearing @ 9am

William P. Hobby Building

333 Guadalupe Street, Room 100 | Austin, TX 78701

Please meet us on the front steps at 8:30am

Rally @ Noon

Republic Square Park

Across the street from the Hobby building

The Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners has introduced an administrative rule that, if adopted, will hurt non-veterinarians’ ability to float horse teeth. The rule would allow non-veterinarian practitioners to float horses’ teeth with hand instruments, but require them to work under the direct on-site supervision of state-licensed veterinarians if they do the same procedures using power instruments. It would also require the supervising veterinarians to be held responsible by the TBVME for the standard of care provided by the non-veterinarian practitioners.

IT IS CRITICAL THAT YOU ATTEND THIS PUBLIC HEARING AND RALLY! STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGHT TO CHOOSE WHO WORKS ON YOUR HORSE IN TEXAS.

Also, be sure to submit comments about the proposed

rule to the TBVME no later than Friday August 20.

SEND YOUR COMMENTS TO:

Ms. Loris Jones

Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners

333 Guadalupe Street, Suite 3-810

Austin, TX 78701

E-mail: [email protected]

Please let us know if you can join us! Contact Christina Walsh at the Institute for Justice

(703) 682-9320 | [email protected] | 901 N. Glebe Road, Suite 900, Arlington, VA 22203

www.ij.org

Latest posts

Back