Raisin had her stifles cut today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Lois I know how heart rending it is to see them in pain- just think though, how you will feel the first time she is able to really run!! You did the right thing.
yes.gif

She and you will be more comfortable now. You did right to wait as sometimes they will, at a young age, have this and it will correct....but waiting gave a chance for the animal to mature and I feel you will see good results for her.

I know of an animal that was returned to the breeder for stifle lock, was cut and then shown to National Champ in halter status.....and probably still being used for breeding
ohmy.gif
No doubt, if name given, many of the forum would know this animal too.

Kudos to you for considering her not breedable
yes.gif
wub.gif

You did right by her! She will be so happy in a few weeks!!!

aktion033.gif
Just like you're supposed to, you thought of the best for your horse. I applaud that and hope for the very best outcome for her..would like you to keep us posted to see how it goes..Maxine

Keep us posted on how she does - I will be interested to hear, as I had a filly done not long ago too. Hers was less invasive surgery, they just nicked the ligaments to form scarring as opposed to cutting them. Seems to be working - she was out 24/7 here but flat ground and not moving around much so I took her out to our new place and turned her loose on probably 10 acres with lots of hills. So far so good. She also will be a pet for someone, and if she continues as planned will make a driving horse. No babies for her though.
smile.gif

Jan

It sounds to me like you did the right thing for Raisin (btw, I have always loved the name you gave her!). I am hoping she's better than ever soon and enjoying her herd.

Lois I am so interested in this outcome so please keep us all updated on the progress. I really hope it's going to work out and you get to see some improvement really quick.

I remember looking at her on your website when she was a foal and periodically ever since
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
You know, I really wish I had the same affinity for remembering people faces and names (um, like my clients for a start) as I do for horses and their names!!! It's crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back