Raised homes or “tree” houses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zarah

Reaction score
I like to watch a cable show about building Tree Houese. And they are so neat. This gets me to thinking about having a combination of small home or “tiny” home that is raised. The underneath could be a shelter for the mini horses or donkeys.

I know in some European countries and USA NorthEast there were homes with animal places underneath as that helps heat the homes from the rising heat.

So, could something such as that be fun and practical to have and live in?

If I had one it would have to have a covered front porch. And maybe it being a walk out basement style would be best for people with knee issues.

@Zarah, you remind me of a cousin of mine that loves the country and small homes and something different. All those could be covered by living in a tree house and use the space under it for open stable. Or a patio.

I've seen some of those tree house shows, and shows that feature the houses on posts at the coasts (above flood level). The underneath makes a nice patio, so they could have stalls for mini horses and such small animals.

We had several homemade tree houses in our woods when I was growing up, and I'd love to have one now. We are on a hillside surrounded by a Douglas Fir forest, so my plan (hope?) is to build a structure that would be entered from the uphill side, supported by trees and cantilevered out over the slope below.

when we built our house a few years ago, we very nearly built an apartment over a garage so that we could use the garage portion as a horse shelter.
We decided that a second story home was not a great idea for aging in place, however,as we never want to be forced to move.

Back